Slowbee's 2012 Argus Ride Report in Pics

Slowbee

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder you took so lonng!!

They say "a picture is worth an thousand words"!! NOT accompanied by thousands of words..a.k.a cptmayhem's comment...ha ha ha.

Well done buddy! Those pics makes me feel a little pang of jealousy...

LOL, was great to see you to, was weird hearing the Hub name. It is the one race ride of the year where the vibe is just so awesome you never want it to end. Its the closest I will ever get to the TdF :)

Had a glass of champers before wynberg with two old ladies, a beer before chappies with some random family, and then a beer at that pub before Suikerbossie proper.

I had a big bag of small koeksisters that I was handing out to people while stuck in the traffic at Chappies. There is just no way one you can ride this ride as fast as you can. It is just to awesome!

+1000...you are absolutely correct . You mind set should be right from the start...then one will enjoy it much more than for example the dude "missing" 3:30 by 5 mins and feel depressed for weeks on end!!

No wonder you took so lonng!!

They say "a picture is worth an thousand words"!! NOT accompanied by thousands of words..a.k.a cptmayhem's comment...ha ha ha.

Well done buddy! Those pics makes me feel a little pang of jealousy...

Same here. 2nd year I haven't done it and conditions were perfect. Next year for sure.

Well done your Slowness.

I've often thought about doing a social Argus, perhaps stopping for a beer at a few pubs on the way etc. I do not however want to be caught up in that scrum or loose mall (or whatever the cycling equivalent is) on Chappies.

Nice Pics Slowbee, saw a missed call from u yesterday.....must have been while u were riding. Did u ride with the Missus?

was there a hold-up at the top of Chappies, or is that just what it looks like? What time was that?

Cool pics :thumbup:

I have done 10 but when i finally do my 11th Argus this is how i want to do it.

was there a hold-up at the top of Chappies, or is that just what it looks like? What time was that?

There asa huge holdup. With the heatt most waterpoints had run out of water. People where just stopping at the waterpoint on the top of chappies and this caused a jam. You had to walk the last 30 or so meters. I have no idea what time of day this was.I didnt bother looking at my watch, wait let me check my garmin ... must have been around 14H00.

Nice Pics Slowbee, saw a missed call from u yesterday.....must have been while u were riding. Did u ride with the Missus?

umm Ja, must have been while I was riding. Sorry if I woke up your afternoon nap ;)

Cool pics :thumbup:

I have done 10 but when i finally do my 11th Argus this is how i want to do it.

next year ?

There asa huge holdup. With the heatt most waterpoints had run out of water. People where just stopping at the waterpoint on the top of chappies and this caused a jam. You had to walk the last 30 or so meters. I have no idea what time of day this was.I didnt bother looking at my watch, wait let me check my garmin ... must have been around 14H00.

Yup, it looked even worse when I went through Chappies. We had to unclip about 100 meters before Chappies, not just because of the hold up for the water, but it was also just after that accident happened after Chappies. I went through there around 13h25. At points we were at a complete standstill waiting for a gap to open just to walk.

Damn nice pics! Gonna show my wife so she can get some idea of what it really looked like on the road.