Charging your Garmin on Stage Races

VincentBikes

Any one have some advise on how to charge your garmin while on stage races and no power is available? Only thing I could find was a Scoeshe SOLBatII charger which has 1500mAh and is either charged by solar or usb port..Price is around 350.00.

also keen to know will be doing sani2c and dont know what would happen if my battery ran down...

I've seen a USB/phone charger thing that ran off AA batteries. I think it was by Energiser.

also keen to know will be doing sani2c and dont know what would happen if my battery ran down...

adventure trail or race ?

I only charged it for like half an hour te one evening and it stayed charged the entire trip.

Organisers always have chargers available, usually a big table with 100's of Garmins

Just query with the organizers, I suppose.

Get a Bryton 35 and you will have 30 hours plus battery life. had mine for 3 months and only charged it up 3 times even though it was not actually flat.

Organisers always have chargers available, usually a big table with 100's of Garmins

Kewl..... So you can come back and choose a newer and better model!!!!

Kewl..... So you can come back and choose a newer and better model!!!!

I guess - might need to recalibrate the HR belt every morning then

http://www.myra-simon.com/bike/images/dynamo-sm.jpg

or a hand crank model:

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FGG/2BQK/FXHJY8IO/FGG2BQKFXHJY8IO.MEDIUM.jpg

adventure trail or race ?

I only charged it for like half an hour te one evening and it stayed charged the entire trip.

Will be doing the trail, will be my first stage race, i'm super excited!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And what's the take on goPro's i would like to get me for the Sani as well, not quite sure how the charger even works/looks

• 2 weeks later...

Found this nifty little gadget after a lenghtly search at Dion Wired. Should charge the Garmin about 3-4 times. Energiser XP4001 Portable Battery Pack with about 4000mAh of reserve power.

post-4111-0-48992800-1332601932.jpg