Eddy?

Kletterer

On a run this morning the Cannibal passed us on his bike, heading out through Bantry Bay towards Camps Bay. At least I was sure it must have been him. It's great to see a legend like Eddy Merckx still doing it for the fun of it, enjoying the ride out on Cape Town's roads all by himself.

My wife doubts that I could have recognised him. Anyone else bumbed into Eddy today?

I heard he was in town - some other guys have seen him too. Eddy that is, not Eddy, unless Eddy also rides through Bantry Bay, in which case Eddy has been seen not once, but twice.

I heard he was in town - some other guys have seen him too. Eddy that is, not Eddy, unless Eddy also rides through Bantry Bay, in which case Eddy has been seen not once, but twice.

Aha,but we are talking about Eddie........

No, not some Eddie, but THE EDDY.

HA ha

He gets around.He would have been at the Paris Nice surely.He is at all these events.

Would not suprise me.What with borsel kop Indurain here and all

Aha,but we are talking about Eddie........

Who? This bloke?

http://www.jazzfm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Eddie-Jordan.jpg

Cause the cyclist spells his name Eddy...

Seriously.

Edited by TNT1

If it was him, i would have loved to go on a nice training ride with man. Imagine

If it was him, i would have loved to go on a nice training ride with man. Imagine

Yeah.

Not the same, I know, but I once had the fortune to do that with Vinokourov. You really can learn a lot.

Yeah.

Not the same, I know, but I once had the fortune to do that with Vinokourov. You really can learn a lot.

Yup , any pro rider that had a top 10 finish in the tour would be epic. What would you say to eddy on a ride - hi i did the argus sub 3 this year and he'll say - good for you i won 34 tdf stages. Lol

Yeah.

I think that would have interested me more than a ride with Merckx, I have always wondered what went around in Vino's head.

He was a rider I enjoyed watching not scared to attack ! Love the way he took the glory from the sprinters on the Champs-Élysées.

Absolutely, exciting and never scared to give it a bash, even if it was suicidal, .....actually that was when he was most likely to try. :D

Remember how insanely he worked for 'Berto at the Tour, or maybe it was the Giro, I cant remember, but he attacked every day, then when he wasn't attacking, he was riding up and down fetching water, then just for fun, he would attack again.....yeah, one of my all time favorite riders.

I would have liked to pull up next to him on my AXM, the bike he designed and built for his son Axel, who is also one ninety something, like me, and waited for him to open up the conversation...

427419_353385551372227_266283560082427_1083577_1291195314_n.jpg

He was at complete cyclist, hout bay today (i think)

Good to see his still riding strong at 66, i met miguel indurian during the 2004 argus, but woul trade that conversation with a handshake with eddy any day!