What would a shock upgrade bring?

RoboLuke

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My sincerest appologies to the OP seems i was mistaken, You may now have a hollowed out Reba, with the some SID and ons Reba shared internals, and a revelation crown, Which will give you a lightweight, stiff Reba looking SID.

So in short they took the crap chassis of the 2011 SID the crap stanchions of the 2011 sid, the crap Crown of the 2011 SID and replaced it parts from their better forks.

for the price differential involved stick with your current Reba.

What exactly makes it all so crap ?

...you can run the revelation at 120mm and it out performs the Reba.

What do you base this on?

I use a Revelation RLT set at 140mm and my girlfriend has a Reba RLT set at 120mm. I have serviced both these forks on numerous ocasions and if you have done the same you would have noticed that the internals are very similar, and they share the same damping system.

The performance form a Reba at 120mm(spacers removed) will be virtually identical to a Revelation set(spacers added) to 120mm.

Also check out the Rockshox Technical documents on the sram website http://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/7 you will notice that the revelation 2011 and reba 2011 share the same manual.

Dammit people!

It is a STANCHION..........

Oi, yew pick on spelling.. but miss that this thread is about the rear suspension.. :whistling:

What do you base this on?

I use a Revelation RLT set at 140mm and my girlfriend has a Reba RLT set at 120mm. I have serviced both these forks on numerous ocasions and if you have done the same you would have noticed that the internals are very similar, and they share the same damping system.

The performance form a Reba at 120mm(spacers removed) will be virtually identical to a Revelation set(spacers added) to 120mm.

Also check out the Rockshox Technical documents on the sram website http://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/7 you will notice that the revelation 2011 and reba 2011 share the same manual.

I have run both and agreed VIRTUALLY the same, very minor differences. But the revelation still rode better than Reba and the Reba rode better than the SID. the rev has a different crown, and Chassis and as you have opened them you would have seen they are not 100% the same on the inside. But they are close at that travel, very close.

It makes financial sense to share components across products and range.. if it works and can be ported, then assume that it will be done.

Sorry guys but all of this discussion has been helpful to the OP and his/her question in what way :wacko:

Can all this be summed up with 'keep your current fork and if you really want to rather upgrade your wheels'?

#ekprobeernetverstaan :mellow:

Sorry guys but all of this discussion has been helpful to the OP and his/her question in what way :wacko:

Can all this be summed up with 'keep your current fork and if you really want to rather upgrade your wheels'?

#ekprobeernetverstaan :mellow:

I kinda told him that, sommer early in.

Edited by Dangle

Yes. #goeieopsomming

OK thanx the shock will stay. Dammit need to look at something else to upgrade...not much left that is standard