Question to Admin

Big H*

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the make-up in terms of belief and poiltical persuasion of the moderators.

12 religions and 14 political affiliations ? And that's just you... :lol:

Go and have a dop brother.

You are losing the plot.

The plot was lost when support was offered for the complaint of the OP, a self-confessed bigot. That's double standards right there.

The plot was lost when support was offered for the complaint of the OP, a self-confessed bigot. That's double standards right there.

Nah. I'm juggling enough already.

I will be sure to have many balls to throw, have been a bit bored of late.

HKGK.

I will be sure to have many balls to throw, have been a bit bored of late.

HKGK.

Amateur! I saw a dude at The Jim Rose Circus juggle chainsaws. ;)

Amateur! I saw a dude at The Jim Rose Circus juggle chainsaws. ;)

Was just worried about your soft Petite hands.

Was just worried about your soft Petite hands.

Soft hands do alright if you apply a liberal amount of cream...

Those of you criticising the mods' collective decisions, answer me this: Have you ever made a derogatory remark on the hub? Have you ever reported a remark that you know to be derogatory, but doesn't offend your own political or religious belifs, to the mods? If yes, then I respect you. If not, your tacit approval speaks volumes.

HEman, you made mention of Christians and Afrikaaners. Comments about black, Indian, and coloured people are much more prevalent on the hub; so are snide remarks about those of a Jewish or Muslim persuasion. Yet, it seems, you believe there should be special protection appiled to the groups you mention.

The moderation team is a small one, and those of you complaining about double standards would be surprised about the make-up in terms of belief and poiltical persuasion of the moderators. I too believe that we have, for the most part, be able to set these aside to moderate in terms of the rules of the forum. I, for one, take umbrage at the suggestion that we are biased towards any grouping of people - political, cultural, social, religious or otherwise.

My feeling on this is, many members can't divorce their own personal feelings when it comes to discussing issues here, and thus feel aggrieved when things don't go their way. It's macrocosm and microcosm. Actually, it's more akin to "I'm taking my ball home". In "real life" you will surround yourself with people of similar leanings. Here, you find you are faced with people hold different views to yours and those of your friends and colleagues.

With regards the OP's complaint, it has no merit. A read of his contributions here - under his various monikers and incarnations - bears this out.

If you believe the moderators have double standards, you should ask if it's possible you have them too.

post-523-0-78869600-1331816960.jpg

Those of you criticising the mods' collective decisions, answer me this: Have you ever made a derogatory remark on the hub? Have you ever reported a remark that you know to be derogatory, but doesn't offend your own political or religious belifs, to the mods? If yes, then I respect you. If not, your tacit approval speaks volumes.

HEman, you made mention of Christians and Afrikaaners. Comments about black, Indian, and coloured people are much more prevalent on the hub; so are snide remarks about those of a Jewish or Muslim persuasion. Yet, it seems, you believe there should be special protection appiled to the groups you mention.

The moderation team is a small one, and those of you complaining about double standards would be surprised about the make-up in terms of belief and poiltical persuasion of the moderators. I too believe that we have, for the most part, be able to set these aside to moderate in terms of the rules of the forum. I, for one, take umbrage at the suggestion that we are biased towards any grouping of people - political, cultural, social, religious or otherwise.

My feeling on this is, many members can't divorce their own personal feelings when it comes to discussing issues here, and thus feel aggrieved when things don't go their way. It's macrocosm and microcosm. Actually, it's more akin to "I'm taking my ball home". In "real life" you will surround yourself with people of similar leanings. Here, you find you are faced with people hold different views to yours and those of your friends and colleagues.

With regards the OP's complaint, it has no merit. A read of his contributions here - under his various monikers and incarnations - bears this out.

If you believe the moderators have double standards, you should ask if it's possible you have them too.

You single me out in the wordy response. :thumbdown: I WAS not the one who made any nasty comments regarding anybody. I merely wanted to know whether all groups / interests will be treated in the same manner. Please do not try to blame-shift things onto me, or play the media game where try and do a trial by media and association. I am not a moderator who should carry the interests of minorities / majorities / deviants / cyclists/non-cyclist / political / religious / groups .

I WILL make comment/objections where it affects me and mine, and I EXPECT others to make comment/objection where things affect them/theirs. I was not appointed as "my brothers keeper" (He is in a far-away country in any case), so I expect of ALL my brothers to look out for themselves, and fight for theirs.

Looking forward to a lot more locked / deleted threads and edited posts to remove flame-bait.

Unfortunately this place has become a bit like ancient Europe - overrun by barbarians :'(

I WILL make comment/objections where it affects me and mine, and I EXPECT others to make comment/objection where things affect them/theirs. I was not appointed as "my brothers keeper" (He is in a far-away country in any case), so I expect of ALL my brothers to look out for themselves, and fight for theirs.

Again, all I can say, I concur, not just do I concur, I give you a standing ovation.

You single me out in the wordy response. :thumbdown: I WAS not the one who made any nasty comments regarding anybody. I merely wanted to know whether all groups / interests will be treated in the same manner. Please do not try to blame-shift things onto me, or play the media game where try and do a trial by media and association. I am not a moderator who should carry the interests of minorities / majorities / deviants / cyclists/non-cyclist / political / religious / groups .

Looking forward to a lot more locked / deleted threads and edited posts to remove flame-bait.

Unfortunately this place has become a bit like ancient Europe - overrun by barbarians :'(

Not this either: http://www.thehubsa....sani-2-sea-2012

Fine to bash Christians, and poke fun at stereotypical Afrikaans people, but not to Muslims?

Will threads debasing either of those two groups (or any other group for that matter) be treated in the same heavy handed manner as what has been done to the mentioned one above?

Handling of thread above has been done VERY ham fistedly :thumbdown:

Read your post again. You single out Muslims. I think this is self-explanatory.

Barbarians? Of a certain persuasion? Yes. Thanks. You have proved my point.

Read your post again. You single out Muslims. I think this is self-explanatory.

Barbarians? Of a certain persuasion? Yes. Thanks. You have proved my point.

Know what, sometimes you can be so harregat and only choose to see things your way.

So to be honest, we are all guilty here.

But tell me and riddle me this, what are your thoughts on Hitler ?