Maybe a stupid Epic Question...

T-Bob

If you make them triangular you will eliminate one bump.

( Thanks to a very old comic strip called BC)

Where's the fun in that?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And they are?

Edit: I presume we are talking about mtb stage racing.

Imana is one. To Hell and Back is another. Will check my facts, but I think TransBaviaans is circa 2004/5.

Not much info on the interweb regarding the history of MTB stage racing in SA or worldwide for that matter. The BC looks to be awesome, you can ride as an individual, team or a partner. Do the top guys ride this in the same manner as the Epic?

SCOTT have indicated NO commitment towards this wheelsize frame...it is for now purely custom for Nino's Olympic bid... the other components though DT swiss wheels and forks are on their way

From Bikerumor.com

Scott Sports Confirms Frame Prototypes

Scott Sports USA’s marketing manager Adrian Montgomery confirmed to us that Schurter was racing aboard a carbon fiber prototype built around the 27.5″ wheel size.

“We’ve been testing alloy prototypes for the past few months,” Montgomery said. “Nino’s was the first carbon prototype. What you’re seeing is an experiment, we intentionally didn’t make a big deal out of it. We wanted to see what the press would say and gauge the public’s response.

“Scott Sports takes the stance of develop and test first. If it works, then we’ll see if it makes sense in the market. We don’t just create something and throw it under our athletes and tell them to win so we can sell it. In this case Nino wanted it.”

Imana is one. To Hell and Back is another. Will check my facts, but I think TransBaviaans is circa 2004/5.

Last time I rode Transbaviaans it was a 24 hour race, not a stage race. Hell and Back you have the one day and the two day options. When you gonna join your big brother and enter an epic instead of just reading and writing about it in the pub?

Last time I rode Transbaviaans it was a 24 hour race, not a stage race. Hell and Back you have the one day and the two day options. When you gonna join your big brother and enter an epic instead of just reading and writing about it in the pub?

Hehe! When peeps start giving me lots of cool gear and bikes, and paying for my entry, I consider it.

Someone told me that it's the oldest race in the country??The 2 day that is.The 1 day is a newish animal

Someone told me that it's the oldest race in the country??The 2 day that is.The 1 day is a newish animal

Still wanna ride the Hell and Back, been on my to do list for a long time.

Still wanna ride the Hell and Back, been on my to do list for a long time.

Its a very cool race.You need to do it with a bunch of friends.The overnight is such a vibe.

You hire big army tents which take about 10 I think.Bedding included

Very affordable event

And run by the nicest cycling family event organisers I know :thumbup:

Edited by Kranswurm

Hehe! When peeps start giving me lots of cool gear and bikes, and paying for my entry, I consider it.

Why must people just give you stuff.

Where can I join the queue ?