KZN DH "Introduction" Days - for DH newbies

nigelhicks

Hey guys in KZN,

As i have seen on a post or 2 on another thread some of you would be keen to have an "Introduction Day" for DH where you could either bring your trail bike OR borrow a DH bike and give DH a go whilst getting some added coaching from our local top riders.

Would any of you be keen for something like this?

I think I could organise a day like this pretty easily and it would be at a minimal charge as all we would need is to organise either bakkies or a large truck to shuttle for the day. And then maybe a medic (but will ask the commissioner about that one as it wont be a sanctioned event, just a fun day).

Would you guys be keen to come and participate with a view to maybe taking up DH as a "fun" side discipline that would help your XC skills?

If so let me know on here and if the response is good maybe i can make a plan and get something off the ground.

Remember it would cater for EVERYONE of ALL AGES ...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nige,

I would be interested as long as the course isn't TOO gnarly. At my age you don't bounce anymore... What about protective gear? Most of us have an XC helmet and baggies at best. Would you reccomend full face, body armour etc?

As i said the track would be a nice easy, FUN track to ride with a couple of small sections that would "trick you up". An XC helmet and baggies would be fine but if you have or can borrow a full face it may make you feel more confident. (Doesnt have to be a DH full face, could even be your old MX helmet etc.

Dependent on the response and what you guys would be wanting to try will define the track etc. But the top of Worlds View is a good one as is Rico's Track near Cascades. ... both great fun with no MAJOR hectic stuff.

Pity this is in KZN! Amped to give it a try! Please keep us posted for a Jo'berg version?

Come visit for the weekend :thumbup:

Come visit for the weekend :thumbup:

You guys do have the best trails down there!

Raced with 2 DH guys on the weekend and they reckon I'm in the wrong discipline :blush:

Will use one of their bikes and go give some DH a try!

Raced with 2 DH guys on the weekend and they reckon I'm in the wrong discipline :blush:

Barbie were you riding at Kloofzicht on Sunday?

Yep, I was! Were you there?

Ja there were so many blondes in CL gear I was afraid of being klapped if I addressed the wrong one as "Barbie". I saw a pienk Ghost standing around afterwards.. I was in one of the Kargo teams.

Borrow a GoPro to film it :thumbup:

You only realised that now :whistling:

Eish man .. i get reminders once or twice a year with topics like this.. :whistling: