What to drink while riding??

Cyclenatic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But just for the rekkid.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1rhi7Kij9dg/TlwqpQa3BOI/AAAAAAAAE6g/J-6IDxiQ1Mw/s400/IMGP6679.JPG

But just for the rekkid.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1rhi7Kij9dg/TlwqpQa3BOI/AAAAAAAAE6g/J-6IDxiQ1Mw/s400/IMGP6679.JPG

Nice nose plugs.

You can get 2kg Enduren on buycycle.co.za for about R320 I think, which works out more or less the same price as Game and Energade, but works better. Water does not give energy and for mtb climbing you need plenty energy, I see people on only water drink a lot more than me on Enduren. I also have a small bag of Energade jellies (available from Game (the store)) in my back pocket.

But just for the rekkid.

That's him, to be fair he wasn't wearing a shirt with his name on when I spoke to him

That's him, to be fair he wasn't wearing a shirt with his name on when I spoke to him

Just shaking you cage a bit, ignore me :thumbup:

But it's Froome, really nice guy, very respectful and soft spoken.

But he is just a roadie, we talking mtb here not whus roadie crap.

Ooh, ooh. Ask @davegeorge101... No wait, he's also a roadie.

The keyword to the Coke is diluted because that implies FLAT Coke. Learned that the hard way as I was late for a race once and took empty bottles along. Filled up with Coke, entered the start pen, attempted a sip and had Coke on my glasses, behind my glasses, down my throat, up my nose.. and then the gun went. Was a very sticky ride :blush:

I did that with one of the High5 tablet things, but it was fortunately during training. I dropped it into the bottle, closed the lid, shook it around and put it into my bottle cage. I only realised that it was carbonated halfway around the track (Kyalami race track) when I pulled the lid open with my teeth and ended up with the stuff on my face, legs, shirt, shorts, bike and up my nose.

Didn't the nose plugs give it away?

Just shaking you cage a bit, ignore me :thumbup:

But it's Froome, really nice guy, very respectful and soft spoken.

Froome hit a pedestrian a week or 2 back.

But he is just a roadie, we talking mtb here not whus roadie crap.

Who beat most of the local MTB stars at the CommonWealth games a few years back in the colours of Kenya, in the MTB race.

To the OP what my learned collegues are trying to convey is this.

Energy drinks are weird what works for some doesnt work for others, youll have to try them and see which one works best for you personally.

I personally prefer Hammer, because its a mix of complex natural carbs, and its not very sweet. The longer you ride the sweeter your drink gets for some reason.

32gi works great for some doesnt work at all for others basically becuase to use 32gi if you cant take in any other kind of sugar i.e. sugar in your coffee before you ride, no sugar in your serial, and no glass of coke at the water point. If you do it renders the stuff useless.

Now that i have bought a new bike and is a poor again, im using evox, but only for a pre ride drink, while i ride i only use water, but long distance races ill still use hammer perpetium (unflavoured) doesnt taste like much but works like a charm.

Who beat most of the local MTB stars at the CommonWealth games a few years back in the colours of Kenya, in the MTB race.

I dont give a crap some mtb dude fronting as a roadie I guess and @davidgeorge tried to slipstream his teamie in the epic cause he was just trying to hang on to a real mtbiker and then hit the tip of a bushmen spear rock and ended their epic dream.