Berg and Bush 2012

Beer4Recovery

I submitted our details to be put on the waiting list - so we are not guaranteed an entry?? No! How the hell do you even get into these stage races in the first place? We are so looking forward to this event - even started with a training program, my buddy wants to buy a new bike etc. etc. now this news :( Were so psyched about it :(

Just get on the waiting list early. Then when entries open enter online and pay your entry asap. We got in last year without any issues.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I am waiting patiently for the entries to open for this event! Will be me & my partner's first stage race :clap: We are planning to do the 'Descent'

If you have tips & info about this event please share them here....

Thanx!

Very beneficial to book daily massages.

Pre-bookings will open at the same time as entries.

Book with Sports Massage Therapists - sportstherapists@gmail.com

Gill - 0836449011

best ride you will do .... but personally id say do the 2 day ... most relaxed chilled ride ever! and the best singletrack you can find

Don't forget to pre-book your massages.

Massage bookings will open at the same time.

Conatct Gill for your massage bookings

sportstherapists@gmail.com

Tools? What do you carry with you on a stage race?

Ok, so normal stuff will apply that you would carry at any race/long ride, Like chain breaker, multitool, powerlink, spare tube(or two, even if running tubeless), tyre levers, Bombs, Pump, Tyre patches.

Then if you want to be safe take a spare chain, tyre, gear cables, brake pads, Sludge/slime(sealant). This is not to ride with! Its for repairs between the stages.

Keep in mind that there will be bike mechanics there if you dont want to take the extra stuff. If you like doing things yourself, take the extras incase. I know last year they also had mechanics ride in the race in order to help guys that get stuck during the race.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

I see the entry fee for the 3 day is R7500, and for the 2 day R5700?? Seems very steep to me - more expensive than Sani and at least at Sani you get probably R2k in kit back.

I see the entry fee for the 3 day is R7500, and for the 2 day R5700?? Seems very steep to me - more expensive than Sani and at least at Sani you get probably R2k in kit back.

Is that per team?

Yeah - 5700 per team ... my credit card got manhandled with that payment!

out of interest ... what was the cost PER TEAM for Sani this year?

Edited by nigelhicks

Sani was +- R8000 per team, can remember the exact amount.

Can we still put our name on the waiting list, or should I just wait until entries open?

with original partner. that sucks!!! Does that mean that i am going to end up on a waiting list as well if i choose to ride with a different partner?

Enter with your original partner and do a substitution for R200.

we are in for the groot trek - which is the new event - still 3 days though - i have been told it will be like the sani adventure. Paid up and ready to roll. 7500 is quite steep - will tell you if its worth it at the end of the year!

Sani was R8,900 so R7,500 is not really that bad, it is an awesome race. If you want a stage race on a budget that is still n excellent ride go for 3 Towers.