Berg and Bush 2012

Beer4Recovery

i would recomend it...get snakeskin of your current tyre..or conti protections...2 valves, 1 bottle stans, some yellow rim tape and you good to go

Thanks for the advice.. decided on Race King, Mountain King combo, for now.

Last week before the Great trek and I can't wait!!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cant go wrong there, that what im running...1.8 bar in front 2 at backthumbup1.gif

I really hope the weather is good. Camping in the rain sucks. Looking forward to my first b&b!

I can't wait either. Getting really nervous though. Not worried about the riding, its all the logistics. Once I'm safely at registration with a bike in one piece, i'll be happy. Doesn't help that my bike is currently in hospital having her wheel rebuilt (had to get a new hub).

I can't wait either. Getting really nervous though. Not worried about the riding, its all the logistics. Once I'm safely at registration with a bike in one piece, i'll be happy. Doesn't help that my bike is currently in hospital having her wheel rebuilt (had to get a new hub).

ha ha youll be fine...quick beer @ registation will settle everything..gonna be awesome riding 90kms down hill yeeha

Worth taking two pairs of riding shoes for this one?

Should be fine with one, unless they break or split.

Should be fine with one, unless they break or split.

No water crossings then? I saw on the latest newsletter there's talk of a bit of water lying about.

Batches are out. Not that I think they matter too much for the Great Trek, only 243 rides. Its going to be nice and personal.

Batches are out. Not that I think they matter too much for the Great Trek, only 243 rides. Its going to be nice and personal.

yeah a mate who's involved up there said its gonna be lekker chilled for the great trek...

looks like the great trek might be slightly wet

post-7169-0-45909700-1350979621_thumb.jpg

Weather SA's report looks better. I'd rather have some rain though than heat so I'm happy. Doesn't look like it will be stormy so thats cool.

Think its going to get lonely at the back of the Great Trek with so few riders. I like having others around who are suffering as much as me :-)

For those doing the Great Trek, what are your team names?