Berg and Bush 2012

Beer4Recovery

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is stuck for accommodation tommorrow night, let me know, weve got a 8 bed house at Drakensville and there are only 4 of us.

lol.. which side of the dam. im in caribbean beach club

We're in Westlake so on VG doorstep. We used to also ride around Redstone and that side but not sure you can ride there anymore, seems closed off now?

We're in Westlake so on VG doorstep. We used to also ride around Redstone and that side but not sure you can ride there anymore, seems closed off now?

dunno, ive never ridden that side...always VG and round there, breedts neck

Oh no! oh well - I am pretty sure we'll catch you on VG some time. We have an unsellable house at harties so go there every weekend just about...its my training camp.

PS. a ride would be good - my bf needs some more challenging riding partners and I need to find a girl or slower guy to ride with so let me know if you have any more ppl round the dam who might be keen.

PS. a ride would be good - my bf needs some more challenging riding partners and I need to find a girl or slower guy to ride with so let me know if you have any more ppl round the dam who might be keen.

im keen, normally ride sat morning @VG if not racing. its easy to make up a group..i met a lady at the coves @ mankele, dunno her name tho ha ha. make sure you do hakahana, join us for some drinks afterthumbup1.gif

edit, cancel that, your B+B is that weekend

Edited by Mike Bike

Day 1 of the descent had to be re-routed due to water. Hopefully the weather is better next week for the great trek

I really hope so.

Most weather sites do not show weather for the area between Harrismith and Mooirivier, although from what I can gather it will be around 20-25 degrees most days, with a 30% chance of light rain for every day.

We'll just have to see what it's like on the day I guess.

Are there charging points for mobile phones / garmin's etc in the race village?

Fingers crossed we get to do the proper route. Harrismith weather forecast for Tuesday 30-35% chance of light rain.

Edited by Greg29

Are there charging points for mobile phones / garmin's etc in the race village?

Fingers crossed we get to do the proper route. Harrismith weather forecast for Tuesday 30-35% chance of light rain.

There are but take extension cable just incase and tag all your stuff.

What a great event. Route was very disrupted by all the rain but the organizers moved heaven and earth and gave us a very decent alternative. They could easily have cancelled the entire thing.

I loved it

What a great event. Route was very disrupted by all the rain but the organizers moved heaven and earth and gave us a very decent alternative. They could easily have cancelled the entire thing.

I loved it

Couldn't agree more - fantastic event put on under very challenging conditions - many thanks to all the organisers.

Only one small winge - the Powasol bike cleaning was an unmitigated disaster - won't be using/buying their services again thumbdown.gif

To those doing the Great Trek - hope you get to do the full Day 1 - enjoy!

Couldn't agree more - fantastic event put on under very challenging conditions - many thanks to all the organisers.

Only one small winge - the Powasol bike cleaning was an unmitigated disaster - won't be using/buying their services again thumbdown.gif

To those doing the Great Trek - hope you get to do the full Day 1 - enjoy!

it was an awesome race despite the changes to the route. well planned, well marked out, wicked riding.. an awesome weekend altogether.

i have to agree with you on powasol..was crap. they are seriously understaffed/ underequipped.

Fantastic event! Great route (despite the changes), loads of food & bags of fun.

Thanks to Mike Bike for dragging me around for 3 days, I didn't have the legs. Punctures on days 2 & 3 slowed us down but I can't wait to do this again. Fantastic fast single track going down and super-friendly locals at the waterpoints.

EDIT: Where can you get soft serve at a waterpoint?? Day 3 at Berg & Bush thats where!

Edited by jcza