[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #1 Tyger Valley

Tim_Fair

polar showed 63.9km for the "70" race...anyone else?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the 64.2km marathon in a little over 2h30. I was suffering with a hangover (not smart I know) and not much riding since Sani. I also felt I was getting beaten up riding a hardtail (I suspect my sore head made it feel worse than it was). But then I got passed by rigid single speeders and decided to STFU and HTFU.

Great race though. No congestion despite the route convergence at the end (other race organisers please take note - it CAN be done). Well marked, well marshalled, no major traffic issues and a route that was quite varied considering the location. Well done to all concerned - I'll be back next year hopefully this time without the hangover :blink:

After last years race I did not want to ride a Nissan Trailseeker again due to the short cuts taken by others and the congestion. If this is anything to go by for the next races I'm in for all of them this year. Route was sublime with a decent mix of singletrack, jeep and cattle track. Congestion non-existent and marshalling was friendly and efficient. Well done to the organisers!!

Anyone have a gps track of the 40km? what was the actual km's?

I measured 43.82km with my garmin edge 500 for the 40km race (but it's using the speed / cadence meter - not the GPS distance). According to google earth (gps data exported to google earth), the distance was 42.2km.

Ran the same gear but I have been running 18 for a year now and have ridden nothing else only change it on Friday night. I been struggling with patella tendinitis and it just hurt me from on the little climb at the start and was in agony for the rest of the day.

On a positive note I was 1hr faster than last year which was my first marathon and first SS ride so getting better but not one of my best.

Reckon I need a good dose of HTFU

Also changed on Friday. Nice work.

Compared to the last two Nissan Tyger Valley races, this one was BY FAR the best one! Well done to the organisers!

I was a bit curious about the 9AM start, but it turned out VERY well! I was actually thankful for the later start as it was quite chilli at 7AM :)

The route was also awesome! I much preferred it (in reverse) to the previous years. I also didn't see any obvious places where one could mistakenly make a wrong turn and end up take a "short cut", which was great.

As Woolf said, if this is the race to go by for the following Nissan races, I'm very much looking forward!

I measured 43.82km with my garmin edge 500 for the 40km race (but it's using the speed / cadence meter - not the GPS distance). According to google earth (gps data exported to google earth), the distance was 42.2km.

Thanks. My Polar cs300 shows 42.9km which I reckon can be slightly out due to the lower pressure of the tyres.

Got 43.18km, using the GPS measure

Well it's not, I have the GPS track with time at 2h13:12 - i did start it late by about 30 s while my listed time is 2h33:28

Interested to clear this up, my time is almost identical on my Garmin to the results, but my mate is out by like 12min

Can anyone confirm how the timing works

Interested to clear this up, my time is almost identical on my Garmin to the results, but my mate is out by like 12min

Can anyone confirm how the timing works

mmmm sounds like a batch issue, did he start in the right one?

Hey guys,

Great to see all the feedback! It seems as if everybody had a good time and enjoyed the new route format.

We will putting in just as much effort for the rest of the series, so I hope you have all entered for the next race...enter here: http://advendurance....es/trailseeker2

Hopefully we can add a few goodies to the race packs :thumbup:

Thanks Tim - Brilliant race, both myself and my Cannondale enjoyed the route. Being able to ride to the event from home was also a bonus.

Edited by nickc