[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #2 Diamond Rush

Tim_Fair

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 2 40km entries for this race tomorrow up for Grabs.

Ill be at the race... PM me

PM Sent

Just went through Cuillinan10 minutes ago...its dark, cloudy and windeeeyyyyyy. Hope the weather improves!

Can't wait, gonna be super fun! Catch you on the flipside! :clap:

So... Its race day and I had an incident last night :blush: I stayed at a mates place in pta and when I went to the toilet at 3 this morning I misjudged and fell down his stairs (tiled).

Gonna be a hard day!

So... Its race day and I had an incident last night :blush: I stayed at a mates place in pta and when I went to the toilet at 3 this morning I misjudged and fell down his stairs (tiled).

Gonna be a hard day!

Eish! Good luck!

Just got home from race. Did 40km. Really nice varied route, enjoyed the "mountain" sections. Thanks All.

Wind was really pumping today together with that lose sand made the going quite tricky at times but otherwise very enjoyable outing

Finished my 40km, but had issues with cell reception at the finish!

Just so you all know, Mike Bike is a race snake. He passed me before the halfway mark and he was seeded 2 batches down from me. I wasn't too slow and finished in 2:15, so he was on fire!!!!

Well done Mike!!!

Nice ride in the 70km race. Wind made it tough, sand made it tougher. Gad I chose my baby gear instead of going big. Lions were awesome. That male was a beaut. Thanx to Tim and the lads for a great race. Well marked and a lot of work went into smoothing out the bits of single track. On my rigid it is much appreciated. Two fumbs up.

Was my first marathon today on my new Vida 1 and I thoroughly enjoyed the race. Well marked and laid out course with a nice mix of everything. Would have been much tougher if the wind was the other way. The worst sand for me was after the waterpoint at the lions. Trying to get the legs going after the stop was tough. Nice to have met Mtb Barbie albeit just in passing.

Lesson learnt for the day: don't fiddle with your bike the night before!! Couldn't understand the funny creaking noise about 10km towards the end untill I lifted my bicycle up to have a seat on the grass after the finish. Quite surprised to have my back wheel slip out of the bracket. Luckily I didn't bunny hop anywhere :)

Interesting day on the bike:

Rear suspension pivots came loose, asked the marshall which way was quickest back, turned off and found myself miles from anywhere... Managed to flag down a farmer with a bakkie who took me back to Cullinan! Awesome to see there are still some good Samaritans out there! Disappointed I didn't finish :(

Nice to have met Mtb Barbie albeit just in passing.

Great to meet you too, thanks for saying hi!

great 40km track, lots of interesting bits, LOTS of up made worse by the headwind. beautifully marked and marshalled too. well done Tim et all

Did the 40km, my first race since my fall (and only my third time on the bike in 2months)... Lost a lot of fitness but great ride none the less!! Awesome tracks and very well marked *thumbsup*

Did my 1st race on my single speed today,70km. Finished in 3h40, was definitely one of my toughest days on the bike, single speed is incredibly tough but had some good fun at least.

Did the 40km, my first race since my fall (and only my third time on the bike in 2months)... Lost a lot of fitness but great ride none the less!! Awesome tracks and very well marked *thumbsup*

Awesome. Tandem next weekend it is.