[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #2 Diamond Rush

Tim_Fair

Saw some nutter on a cyclocross bike today, that must be flipping tough

Also saw the guy - did a few km's alongside him. He's a really strong rider, battled with the technical sections (and I could hear him curse the sand) but every time the trail opened up - he absolutely burned rubber! Huge respect!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also passed by a guy on a raw 29er SS with green hubs. The dude was flying!!!!

My first 70km and I cramped from 40km to the end. More prep needed for the next one I fear. I learned the true essence of HTFU on my SS yesterday. (4h21min)

That was him. Very very quick.

Yeah I also get cramps about 3 hrs into races so I try finish before that. Don't often get it right. Haha. But I still think your gear was a bit heavy for your first marathon. Sorry I didn't hang around at the start, trying to get to the singletrack ASAP.

But I still think your gear was a bit heavy for your first marathon.

What gear was he riding, I rode 32 16, to light on the downs and to hard on the ups, guess thats SS for you

This is how my race ended just before the water point at the lion camp I was standing and whem I went down to sit it just snap clean off, up to that point I enjoyed the race until I had to wait 3:30H for someone to come and pick me up.

post-7576-0-94505800-1342377332.jpg

This is how my race ended just before the water point at the lion camp I was standing and whem I went down to sit it just snap clean off, up to that point I enjoyed the race until I had to wait 3:30H for someone to come and pick me up.

You could have cycled like that ;) I know a runner who rode a road bike without a saddle & seatpost for the whole distance of the 94.7 :thumbup:

Stu great result by you dude.

I have to admit that I'm sure it is legitimate. I started in E batch and an older guy on a Ti SS came flying past me near the top of that first steep climb and was gone into the distance. He was looking really strong. So I don't doubt his time or result. I'm sure there are more guys out there that noticed him he was flying.

We gonna see you at CM again?

Cool, he must be very strong.

Lost 15min at the 47km mark, chain ring bolts came out. I fixed it with some wire. Quite frustrating. Ran a 32/16 again and battled on the flats but it was good for the climbs.

Who was yours?

Definitely in for CM. I'll bring the OB's

You could have cycled like that ;) I know a runner who rode a road bike without a saddle & seatpost for the whole distance of the 94.7 :thumbup:

I agree I could have cycle like that and I have tried but just didn’t feel 100% on the bike like that because my concern was that I was not riding on a tar road but was riding off-road where you and your bike is taking a hammering but then that was my feeling about it.

I agree I could have cycle like that and I have tried but just didn’t feel 100% on the bike like that because my concern was that I was not riding on a tar road but was riding off-road where you and your bike is taking a hammering but then that was my feeling about it.

Very true.... disappointment of things breaking gets to a person, and riding without a saddle (and not doing it for money) kinda takes the fun out of cycling!

Was it an alu seatpost?

Very true.... disappointment of things breaking gets to a person, and riding without a saddle (and not doing it for money) kinda takes the fun out of cycling!

Was it an alu seatpost?

It was a Momsen(alu) seatpost

What gear was he riding, I rode 32 16, to light on the downs and to hard on the ups, guess thats SS for you

I'm not a strong rider so I ran 32:18 and was good for the race. Look it took me 3:57 to finish but had fun riding up that first rock climb past all the gearies pushing. Haha.

Cool, he must be very strong.

Lost 15min at the 47km mark, chain ring bolts came out. I fixed it with some wire. Quite frustrating. Ran a 32/16 again and battled on the flats but it was good for the climbs.

Who was yours?

Definitely in for CM. I'll bring the OB's

He looked strong when he came past me and La.

Damn that sucks. They musta come loose on that sprint down Jan Smuts back to dunkeld. Haha. Coulda been worse you coulda got your tutu stuck in you back wheel again.

Yeah I'm still a puppy so I went back to the porch(32:18).

OBS nice. I'm gonna wear a cycling top this time. 3x back pockets = 3x quarts. Haha

We got SASSC the next day so can't not have a hangover.

He looked strong when he came past me and La.

Damn that sucks. They musta come loose on that sprint down Jan Smuts back to dunkeld. Haha. Coulda been worse you coulda got your tutu stuck in you back wheel again.

Yeah I'm still a puppy so I went back to the porch(32:18).

OBS nice. I'm gonna wear a cycling top this time. 3x back pockets = 3x quarts. Haha

We got SASSC the next day so can't not have a hangover.

Not sure it is in the rules to arrive at SASSC without a hangover

I was riding a 38 x 20 (same as 32 x 17) on my 26er SS. I found the gear really good for the course, felt comfortable with it.

I think it was just that my prep wasn't what it should have been for that amount of time in the saddle.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the positive feedback...great motivation for us to make the next race even bigger and better! :thumbup:

If you are looking for any race info, follow these links:

Results: http://www.spectrumsport.co.za/Portals/17/ResultDoc/Nissan_MTB_20120714.pdf

Pics: http://photomarx.co.za/page/home (Photomarx pics will be up shortly)

Pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.474711712540886.114850.120222044656523&type=1, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.354426314627338.76939.149728515097120&type=1

Race Report: Phillip Buys http://www.philbuys.com/

Entries to next race: http://advendurance.com/trailseekerseries/trailseeker3

Results are out .I see they rider in first place 40k ave 38,km/h and beat everybody by 20min .His time 1h 1min .Is that for real ?Never heard of him and he is a vet

I can't believe that result. Sorry. Got lost and maybe took an unintentional short cut to the finish?

The next thing on the list is the seeding/batching! This seriously needs to be sorted out.

I had an awesome 40km race as well. At the point where we met up with the 77km riders, they made me realise that I'm not yet ready for a 75km ride, those guys are quick. The burnt single-track section was one of the best parts me, luckily I wasn't stuck behind any slow riders (not that I'm really fast).

Very well organised event love how the town of Cullinan became a part of the the event, atmosphere was awesome.

Also, the guys at the Powersol tent are really cool, the guy remembered my name from the Trailseeker 1. Just walked up to the tent and he was like, " Hey, Howzit <name>, how was the race?"