SRAM XX Gripshift

GLuvsMtb

i enjoyed my last generation gripshift in the fun quick technical stuff, but long rides, especially wet rides, i remember the gripshift chowing my hands and gloves.... im sticking with my 2x10 X0 triggers, for now...

They seem to have done away with this on the later X0, only three discrete 3 clicks, but still works well.

I have had a problem getting replacement parts, like the indicator windows. Got the part nos, but local agents / various lbs not responsive. Replacement Twister rubbers okay (from CRC)

Uhm, how much for the relacement Twist rubbers? Mine is due for a replacement. Local guys are crazy, almost cheaper to buy new X9 twisters.

Found a bit more info on the mtb forum - XX has Carbon body

Here , here and here and from SRAM here

"MSRP for the shifters is going to be $225 for the X0 version which includes the locking grips and $295 for the carbon fiber XX version which is going to include Gore Ride-On cables, locking grips and carbon fiber covers."

Availability looks like July - August

Can't be believe how they have taken their time this with product. Also all the re-engineering and redesign might be great but is quadrupling the price, what just for another click? Okay they look rather slicker as well.

http://blog.treefortbikes.com/wp-content/gallery/cache/654__520x_tf_interbike11_6307_0.jpg

What about 3x10 though?

Wannabe search CRC for products & prices, cant remember off hand. I found another place (Universal Cycles) that sells parts, but not the replacement windows I need for 2x otherwise good X0 twisters I have spare now.

Edited by kosmonooit