HeinrichH

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ta-da!!!

post-3655-0-49647700-1345739345.jpg

Identified the Demo 8 at the police station this afternoon, after it was recovered.

It's being held as evidence in the case against the f$%^ers who stole it, after they were arrested with this and another expensive bike in their possession. Both suspects currently in lock-up :thumbup:

Going to be a wait to get it back (court date still to be set, etc), but worth it.

The seatpost and seat's gone, and amusingly, the thieves added their own chain and padlock (clearly they didn't want their stolen bike stolen, haha!) but otherwise it's still in acceptable condition.

Good to hear ,Nice 1 :thumbup: :clap:

How are known culprits not in prison or a hole in the ground??????????

correct me if I'm wrong here but I think that's the ONLY red demo in Cape Town. It's one of probably 3 in the whole country.

Oh, but they *are* in prison, in Pollsmoor apparently :)

It's the only red one I know of in SA, but I could be wrong.

Can you elaborate on the lucky find at all, or is it a matter of the case still pending? Do you get the bike back and did they find the owner of the Spez?

Lucky find for the police, they didn't want to provide all the details, but it sounded like they followed up on leads from more than one theft, and arrested two suspects. Unfortunately, they only had this and another bike in their possession at the time...

My brother is the owner of the Spez, it was stolen from me on my property.

Edited by MH for short

Lucky find for the police, they didn't want to provide all the details, but it sounded like they followed up on leads from more than one theft, and arrested two suspects. Unfortunately, they only had this and another bike in their possession at the time...

Thanks for the info. Good to know the cops are doing a sterling job in catching these bastards.

On another note, my cousin has just given me a lead on the two bikes recently stolen from my mates in KZN, hopefully it's their bikes. Do the Police stations have opening times?

Guest Omega Man

Nice one. Glad it's back. Ja that was Alex Bramley's bike which was sold to Chris Nixon who I'm guess your bro bought it from. Not many of those around.

On another note, my cousin has just given me a lead on the two bikes recently stolen from my mates in KZN, hopefully it's their bikes. Do the Police stations have opening times?

Stations are open 24/7, but the officers who deal with evidence usually are only there within office hours. Unless you want to report a theft (which you can do at any hour as far as I know), they're the ones to speak to about stolen goods.

Nice one. Glad it's back. Ja that was Alex Bramley's bike which was sold to Chris Nixon who I'm guess your bro bought it from.

Yep, spot on.

• 2 months later...

Good news folks, the bike was finally recovered from the police station this morning, after plenty of complaining and almost shouting. It turns out the investigating officer didn't fully know his rules, and after I demanded that we clarify it with a senior warrant officer, all was fine. Aaaargh!

All's well that ends well though, the bike is back in safe hands smile.png

post-3655-0-36889100-1353412700_thumb.jpg

Good news folks, the bike was finally recovered from the police station this morning, after plenty of complaining and almost shouting. It turns out the investigating officer didn't fully know his rules, and after I demanded that we clarify it with a senior warrant officer, all was fine. Aaaargh!

All's well that ends well though, the bike is back in safe hands smile.png

it took nearly three months to recover it from the police station? crikey!

Congrats, awesome news!

So what happened with the insurance? Was it paid out? Now what?

Edited by TwiggzSA

it took nearly three months to recover it from the police station? crikey!

Yep. Procedural incompetence.

Congrats, awesome news!

So what happened with the insurance? Was it paid out? Now what?

It was only partially insured, but they're getting their payment back.

Happy Days clap.gif What happened to the bastard that knicked it?

The two culprits are apparently in Pollsmoor!