Trail running good for cyclists?

Take it easy! Pushing too hard with running bites much harder than cycling. Rather try an extra run a week until you run/walk every second day, or try to keep the frequency the same, allow for recovery, and try to run more and more to the point where you run the whole (or most of) distance.

Do not increase mileage by more than 10% a week (rule of thumb)

Have a look at some beginners 5/10/21 km programs on www.runnersworld.co.za to see how slowly they build mileage

This is true!!! "Do not increase mileage by more than 10% a week (rule of thumb)"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, so i think i might have over did it a bit! my left knee is swollen and currently resembles a grapefruit, no pain though, just swollen. is this normal for first time runners due to the new activity?

Have to say i have started running hills from the get go, maybe i should have started the flats first? am also quite a heavy runner - 100kg's +

will be taking a few days off to hopefully get the swelling down, but would it be okay to still do some running/walking on flatter terrain perhaps?

i have entered a trail race this Sunday, so i am hoping to at least get out once before then.