Where do I start?

Shotgun

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the deal with underpants - do you get special types that go with these or do you go commando? If the latter, I guess you need more than one pair.

There are two threads currently running that discuss both this issue and about bib shorts, You deciede.

There are two threads currently running that discuss both this issue and about bib shorts, You deciede.

Cool thanks, will have a look.

Don't believe anyone on the hub, they are all mad! Ha ha ha . Just get a bike and some kit and off you go. You'll work it out soon enough. One day you too can join the great 29 27,5 26 debate, or fight with other people who have slightly dofferent opinions than you. Its great! Just don't forget to ride your bike sometimes ...

Shotgun,

First off - Welcome to the worlds most awesome sport! Most of the people involved in the sport will be helpfull but you will find the odd a$$hole that's been riding for a few years that thinks he knows all. Not pointing fingers but it seems some of them have already commented on this thread.

Secondly - With 10k you should be able to buy a nice setup with the bare necessities you mentioned. I ride a 26" MTB but I've heard many guys saying that for endurance riding a 29" works like a charm. Have a look at the Axis bikes - they seem like very good value for money. If you can stretch your budget slightly you can buy something that will last nicely.

If you're ever around Durbanville area and want to ride Majik forest just PM me and we organise a ride.

Good Luck with the W2W!

Let's start at the very beginning

A very good place to start

When you read you begin with A-B-C

When you sing you begin with do-re-mi

Do-re-mi, do-re-mi

The first three notes just happen to be

Do-re-mi, do-re-mi

post-14151-0-51265900-1334141740.jpg

Yeah Bib's are much more comfortable, and they dont move around, so less chance of chaffing, Invest in a good one.

and the guys behind you wont have to look at your plumber crack hanging out.

Shoot through to new Cyclelab at Somerset mall. Chat to Owen maybe they have opening specials. Checkout www.obike.co.za they have new older models you might score a bargain. Get yourself measured properley as well at bike shop to make sure you get right frame, size does matter.

Aah - this is the 'Bib'? I this really necessary? Why not just cycling pants?

http://chavezcycling.com/images/493/1/cycling-bib-shorts.jpg

you get a free camel toe by the looks of those pair

Yeah Bib's are much more comfortable, and they dont move around, so less chance of chaffing, Invest in a good one.

...and add another 1k to your budget. Cycling pant range from R400 for first ascent/cape storm pant to thousands

how much is that?

You will need:

1. Bike

2. Helmet & Gloves

3. Bib

4. Water bottle

5. Pump & Maintenance Acc.

6. Perseverance & the right attitude

Did he mention a MAINTENANCE ACCOUNT ?!

Aah - this is the 'Bib'? I this really necessary? Why not just cycling pants?

http://chavezcycling.com/images/493/1/cycling-bib-shorts.jpg

The bib is very necessary.

When you finish a race then you stroll around the mess tents / beer hall / car park with the loopy bits hanging out the back of your broeke.

Kinda like a G-string blowout.

Very smooth.

What is the deal with underpants - do you get special types that go with these or do you go commando? If the latter, I guess you need more than one pair.

Yes.

They are striped. Purple and yellow. Vertically.

And you wear them under white lycra.

Cycle Lab has them.

please note that I want to spend as little as possible!

Thanks in advance.

Spend as much as possible, fall hopelessly in love with MTB then ride forever. :thumbup: