Where do I start?

Shotgun

The thing is I have no idea how it is suppose to go and am pretty sure for you experienced guys it will be a piece of ****. But as they say one man's piece of sh*t is another man's compost; is another fly's gourmet dinner. :lol:

I must admit that the clips/cleats makes a massive difference and that to me is the biggest difference from my old bike and that it is now the right size. It also feels quite weird/high in the saddle of the 29er, but I guess also just something to get familiar with.

No such thing mate may you have many happy miles

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they set you up correctly at the shop? If not go back and get them too. Otherwise a proper bike fit will also go a long way(R500 for an Ergofit/ BG Fit)

Are you saying there is more to fit than the seat height?

Are you saying there is more to fit than the seat heighte?

Dude its a complete science

I have started training in the gym in the mornings on the freestanding spinning bikes - did an hour of LSD (see I am getting the lingo right) this morning. I believe the best way to exercise on these bikes is with the help of a heart-rate monitor. Can somebody give me more information on this - ie does it link to a watch? Do you also ride with it? Does it link with its own computer instead of a watch or do you get watch/computer combos? Any recommendation of what to buy? Thanks

For the heart rate monitors I would reccomend the Polar or the Garmin. I think there is another one - Bryton? - but they can only be mounted on the bike and not used as a watch.

For training theory I recommend a good book. I bought various but found the Lance Armstrong book invaluable:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Lance-Armstrong-Performance-Program/dp/1579542700

Relatively easy read and gets into things like adaptation, heart-rate training and tapering without overwhelming you. Maybe others have newer, better ones.

"Ride lots" also works, but the added structure helps keep you on track.

For training theory I recommend a good book. I bought various but found the Lance Armstrong book invaluable:

http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/1579542700

Relatively easy read and gets into things like adaptation, heart-rate training and tapering without overwhelming you. Maybe others have newer, better ones.

"Ride lots" also works, but the added structure helps keep you on track.

Thanks - think I will get it. Does it include which steroids to take? :w00t:

Thanks - think I will get it. Does it include which steroids to take? :w00t:

That's his other book. Can't buy it retail.

For the heart rate monitors I would reccomend the Polar or the Garmin. I think there is another one - Bryton? - but they can only be mounted on the bike and not used as a watch.

sias Bryton follows the same design models as Garmin, you get the bike versions, i.e. garmin edge, and you get the watch versions i.e forerunner. Bryton does the same bike units / watch units. Garmin just has the multisport units which bryton doesnt have.

All in all though i love my garmins Edge 500 for the bike, and forerunner 110 for gymming and cross training.

Thanks, will be taking my bike in for a fit tomorrow.

Look into ergomax of BGfit, having your bike setup done at the shop is like having sex with a one legged hooker. Best R550 bucks i ever spent. Did the ergomax, and those couple of mm they changed my setup, WOW what a difference.

...like having sex with a one legged hooker.

Personally I haven't been there but I will take your word for it... I had a LBS set me up (on my bike) and it caused me more problems than I originally had. I used their settings as a base and adjusted to take away my aches and pains that occurred as a result of their setup.

... like having sex with a one legged hooker. Best R550 bucks i ever spent.

So are the two-legged ones priced at R1100?

Look into ergomax of BGfit, having your bike setup done at the shop is like having sex with a one legged hooker. Best R550 bucks i ever spent. Did the ergomax, and those couple of mm they changed my setup, WOW what a difference.

So where in the Western Cape can you get it (the bikefit) done?

So where in the Western Cape can you get it (the bikefit) done?

Renay Groustra <renay@sciencetosport.com>

He does the ergo fit, not sure where you can do a BGfit if thats your preferred method of assesment. for more info check out this fred

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/113971-professional-bike-set-up-feedback-comments-opinions/page__st__16__p__1605244?do=findComment&comment=1605244

Edited by covie