Which is tougher...Comrades or Epic?

rouxtjie

Toughest?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which is tougher Epic or Comrades?

• Epic
    • Comrades

So a co-worker is doing the comrades later this year, which one is tougher, would be nice to get some input from guys that have maybe done both

My money is the epic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since the Epic is 8 days and Comrades is 1 day what would you like to compare? I have done both and I know what I would say ....

I have not done comrades, but from what I hear you can barely walk the day after. Whereas Epic you can ride the next day no problem. :-)

You could be burned at the stake for asking a question like that on a cycling forum. Enough said.

Well since the Epic is 8 days and Comrades is 1 day what would you like to compare? I have done both and I know what I would say ....

Fantastic, someone that has done both, which one was tougher

1. To prepare for
  2. To complete
  3. To recover from

I have not done comrades, but from what I hear you can barely walk the day after. Whereas Epic you can ride the next day no problem. :-)

How would you feel the day after finishing the Epic?

Fantastic, someone that has done both, which one was tougher

1. To prepare for
  2. To complete
  3. To recover from

Well lets just take the toughest day I had at Epic and I would say it was tougher than Comrades especially on the mind .... Running training takes more out of you than cycling. I ran a week after Comrades, I didn't want to see a bike for weeks after Epic!

I have only done the Epic but plan to do Comrades soon, based on my other running I would guess Comrades to be tougher. Make no mistake the Epic was hard core, but I was well prepared and didn't ever really suffer. I cant imagine that I can do Comrades without getting into some serious pain. Comrades is a far more intense event km for km (as is normal for running vs cycling).

Ironman... :P

You can't compare them.

Ironman was hard for me as it's a mind game.Comrades was just very painful from 70km and then for a few days afterwards.

Not done Epic.

How would you feel the day after finishing the Epic?

That is basically my point. I felt fine....

Depends i think on the level of the competitor.

For the top guys I would say the Epic is tougher, and for the back markers the comrades.

I would think epic, but it all depends if you dont have the natural running ability you going to suffer.