lego

Wayne Potgieter

This is definitely on my wishlist. Existing catalogue one is about R 3.500 but this is just so much more detailed... And expensive. At a min of $ 4,500

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/Nt4AAOSwiCRUeDda/$_57.JPG

Yeah I am def not showing my son that.

Naha.. never.. the kids say the star wars ones are just the best legos.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool :thumbup:

If I had my way, I would still be playing with Lego. Just not too sure on the price of Lego sets these days.

Have some kids, best excuse ever A. To spend money on Lego and B. to spend the time playing with it  :clap:

@Tumbles, I'm sending my 8yo to you for the weekend to come help you build.

Have some kids, best excuse ever A. To spend money on Lego and B. to spend the time playing with it  :clap:

That is a terrible idea - then I have to share the Lego and I don't see that happening... ;)

Have some kids, best excuse ever A. To spend money on Lego and B. to spend the time playing with it :clap:

The more the merrier! Hahaha!

Yeah I am def not showing my son that.

Naha.. never.. the kids say the star wars ones are just the best legos.

Show him this rather. It's a backpack that'll carry up to 500 bricks (I think it'll carry many more though, but...) and it's much cheaper...

post-1604-0-38213900-1432035539_thumb.png

I may own one of them...  :blush:

Show him this rather. It's a backpack that'll carry up to 500 bricks (I think it'll carry many more though, but...) and it's much cheaper...

attachicon.giffalcon.png

I may own one of them... :blush:

Ha ha ha ha.. jis he will like that hey

SHE DID WHAT!!!? 

Divorce material, that. Or, a permanent pink slip. 

Argument with the wife:

Her: You *&*&@! How dare you a: come home drunk; b: look at that woman; c: Buy that for yourself; d: Virtually any other argument in the book

You: Lego. 

Instant win. 

Bwahaha thanks will stick that in my argument bank.

That millennium falcon set...

Size - 84cm x 56cm x 21cm. 

Model

It is recorded to be the largest set ever produced by LEGO, measuring 33" (84 cm) long by 22" (56 cm) wide and 8.3" (21 cm) tall. It has been designed to be to scale with theminifigures, unlike most other Ultimate Collector's Series sets. The model is very intricate in detail with many special SNOT(Studs Not On Top) techniques involved in the front "mandibles", mimicking Star Wars technology and architecture. Upon its release in 2007, the UCS Falcon was the largest LEGO set ever produced (a title later given to the10189 Taj Mahal) with more than 5000 pieces and a 311-page instruction manual. The first copies of this set sold through LEGO.com received a special first edition certificate of authenticity.

Edited by El Capitan

So, during the three weeks that I was in Denmark recently, I stayed 40km from Legoland for most of the time. However my free time was taken up by mountain biking, beer drinking and running the Lillebælt Halvmarathon. So I never made it to Legoland, I did take a few photos of the Lego exhibition at Billund Airport:

post-4006-1432101197,7708.jpg

post-4006-1432101458,5624.jpg

And the Lego play area in the departures terminal:

post-4006-1432101495,6841.jpg

Tumbleweed the question should also include "is there work for us at LEGO."

Hahahahaha! Ja, indeed! There are no shortage of applicants for those jobs, I'm sure!