OFFICIAL MODDERFONTEIN MTB TRAIL ANNOUNCEMENT

RickyTomCCMA

Dude.... she is on a very sexy Cube AMS Pro Dual suspension! :) 1.7bar in tires and very soft suspension settings... when she rides it looks like her bike frame is floating while the forks and Chainstay are going mad... :)

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude.... she is on a very sexy Cube AMS Pro Dual suspension! :) 1.7bar in tires and very soft suspension settings... when she rides it looks like her bike frame is floating while the forks and Chainstay are going mad... :)

But that is still only 100mm of travel!!! :P

Seriously, I got one for the daughter and those Cubes are awesome bikes and the travel feels bottomless.

Yeah, it is only 100mm, but we ride very s l o w.... (because of me) hehehe.... we're actually looking for a small anthem x frame for her, as they are even more comfy...

But Back to the route- its definitely improved from a smoothed out point of view... will be back! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome ride at Modderfontein this weekend :clap: There is now a Red route they have added... which is made up of the yellow route with some extra, more technical areas... :thumbup:

The place looks very different since the grass was burnt :eek:

Awesome ride at Modderfontein this weekend :clap: There is now a Red route they have added... which is made up of the yellow route with some extra, more technical areas... :thumbup:

The place looks very different since the grass was burnt :eek:

That new technical single track is quite cool, I've only tried it once so far, and couldn't make it all the way without uncleating. But I will do it, I will, I will.

When can we buy mutiple entries ?

Are we going to be able to ride during the week, say around 4ish ?

That new technical single track is quite cool, I've only tried it once so far, and couldn't make it all the way without uncleating. But I will do it, I will, I will.

Was my 2nd ride through that area... and had to uncleat in 3 areas... goals have been set :thumbup:

To get a ticket with multiple entry will be cool, btw nice track almost inside the town, that's what everybody is looking for !

I think they sell a multiple entry ticket now? Not much of a saving though to be honest, only like R10 off what it would cost to buy all the tickets separately. It's only the convenience of it which would be worth it.

They need to let us start riding in the week now .

Wednesday would be nice , its lighter later and summer is comming .

This would be nice.

Was my 2nd ride through that area... and had to uncleat in 3 areas... goals have been set :thumbup:

Is this the very tight bendy single track through the smallish bunch of trees that you are talking about?

If so, we went through there yesterday for the first time, it is very cool but quite tricky for noobs like us, there were four of us riding yesterday, two of us made it through ahead of the other guys and I must say, it was quite amusing listening to the other two trying to make their way through, quite a few "F" bombs were being dropped as they tackled it... :D

Edited by Clay

They need to let us start riding in the week now .

Wednesday would be nice , its lighter later and summer is comming .

This would be nice.

They can have special mid-week rides. Like,

- The Kamakaze Run

- Bombs Away

- Fire in the hole

I rode yesterday and paid the usual R40. There was no offer of a multi-entry card.

But now I see on website that a Frequent rider card is R450 for 12 rides. Thats a tiny saving - R30 over 12 rides. Rather mean unless there is a price hike on the way for single entries?

Since I last rode, there has been some great new track, making up for the burnt areas. Signage for various coloured trails is still a bit unclear at several intersections, though.

Is this the very tight bendy single track through the smallish bunch of trees that you are talking about?

If so, we went through there yesterday for the first time, it is very cool but quite tricky for noobs like us, there were four of us riding yesterday, two of us made it through ahead of the other guys and I must say, it was quite amusing listening to the other two trying to make their way through, quite a few "F" bombs were being dropped as they tackled it... :D

Hey Clay,

The new section is after those 2 tight tree sections... Although those 2 sections are loads of fun :clap: trying to keep your bike going at a slow pace and tight corners.

The steep drop off and climb section is after that, once you have done the long climb along the fence and then the downhill section towards the small dam. Just before the bottom right hand turn there is a Red arrow to the right which takes you through the the drops and climbs :thumbup:

It will get your legs working nicely

I rode yesterday and paid the usual R40. There was no offer of a multi-entry card.

But now I see on website that a Frequent rider card is R450 for 12 rides. Thats a tiny saving - R30 over 12 rides. Rather mean unless there is a price hike on the way for single entries?

Since I last rode, there has been some great new track, making up for the burnt areas. Signage for various coloured trails is still a bit unclear at several intersections, though.

I found the signage has been really well done, except now where the fire has burnt the polls down... But mostly easy to to see

Make no mistake i like this place as its close to home , BUT after ridding Thaba this weekend i realise they have alot to learn about trail prep ! im going to sugest to them they go check it out and get some tips from Wendell as his trails are top class.