OFFICIAL MODDERFONTEIN MTB TRAIL ANNOUNCEMENT

RickyTomCCMA

Rode Modder yesterday morning as part of a brick session for training, nice park, really open and hilly which makes it feel like you are in the country, the farm has a strange vibe to it especially with those storage units or bomb shelters, and with the burnt grass it felt like we were cycling through poland. Any idea what those big warehouse/bomb shelter things are for?

cant wait till the route is made a lot more technical, used to Rietvlei and need more of a challenge. (Japanese Gardens and some "danger" decents would be awesome!

Ricky will the park be open next Monday? its a public holiday? also how does one organise a season ticket? or multi entry pass?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'bomb shelters' where used to store Dynamite for the nearby factory.

I see, pretty cool old buildings.

There are lots of cool old buildings in the Modderfontein "precinct", including an abandoned old hospital which was recently used in a film set in North Africa..

I rode Modderfontein on Saturday, the red route. I got completely lost and landed up only doing 30km instead of 40km. I really think the marking can be improved. Nevertheless, a great ride.

Hi,

Multi-pass tickets can be bought on eiother Sat or Sun from the registration table.

Park will not be opened during the week until we start utilsing our new and improved gate, which is under construction.

Be sure to come join us for the Nigth Ride this coming Wednesday the 19th Sept. Always a lot of fun.

Hi,

Multi-pass tickets can be bought on eiother Sat or Sun from the registration table.

Park will not be opened during the week until we start utilsing our new and improved gate, which is under construction.

Be sure to come join us for the Nigth Ride this coming Wednesday the 19th Sept. Always a lot of fun.

Not open on Monday (public holiday)?

Had an AWESOME ride at Modders on Saturday... After the storms in the morning.

The course is fantastic with new sections ever time I ride... Some sections are still so new you gotta concentrate to stay on track but all good :whistling:

At last the dust has been settled :clap:

Hi All,

Please check out the forum post under "Group Rides" for details of the night ride scheduled for Wednesday 03 October 2012.

See you all there...please RSVP so we have an idea of numbers.

Thanks

Does anyone have a GPS Map of the red route? I keep missing one or two sections of the red route...

Hi All,

Please check the Group Rides thread for details on the night ride happeing this wednesday the 03 october 2012.

See you all there.

Hi All,

Don't forget Central Park Trails Modderfontein will be hosting the XCOSA series on the 13 October 2012.

Check out www.itickets.co.za, as well as the Concept Cyclery Facebook page for more details.

• 2 months later...

@RickyTomCCMA

2 Questions:

1: when is the next night ride going to be happening at Modders?

2: are there going to be special open time over Dec for Modders? During the week, afternoons???

Thanks

@RickyTomCCMA

2 Questions:

1: when is the next night ride going to be happening at Modders?

2: are there going to be special open time over Dec for Modders? During the week, afternoons???

Thanks

+1 On opening afternoons during the week in Dec.... At least a couple of days a week?

Come on - otherwise I'll have to go play golf instead - and really my golf is so *** I may as well stay in the office!

• 1 month later...

+1 On opening afternoons during the week in Dec.... At least a couple of days a week?

Come on - otherwise I'll have to go play golf instead - and really my golf is so *** I may as well stay in the office!

Hey Drac... So I found out over the holiday's that if you get a "season" card... that you are able to ride almost anytime...

I am going to look further into this one... As this would then let me ride Friday afternoons thumbup1.gif