Dumbass mountain bikers!!!!!

Cruz Addict

You see I don't think he differentiating between the two...to quote the man..."bottlenecks" in his first post = congestion as described in my earlier posts...but anyway

Solution stays...get a better seeding if you want to race or chill out with the people midpack.

Edited by rouxtjie

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride to enjoy.. Sometimes i stop and walk a section when i feel the need. Dint really care what "others" think. Its a hobbie, a sport, something for fun and enjoyment

Sounds very much like traffic on the N1/N2/N3 etc. once people start rubbernecking at an accident they slow down and all else falls apart, but maybe not quite that - surely most mtb races have a chart/aerial pic of the route, so perhaps it comes down to planning where you want to be at what stage of the race in order to overcome this problem/ just my 2c worth...

It doesn't help you have all the technical skills and no speed that the stupid idiotic dumbass *(Y(*^*T& ^&^&% BEGINNERS are ahead of you. [fireworks icon here] See you guys tomorrow. :clap:

There’s an increasing number of people converting from road cycling to mountain biking. This is a good thing and not really surprising considering how little is being done to improve safety for cyclists on our roads (why did Cycling South Africa not focus on this before creating a week-long Tour of South Africa ...for a handful of pros?).

I call these converts dirt-roadies because even though they are riding a mountain bike, they’re not really mountain bikers – well not initially. Some of them graduate to being mountain bikers, but many just remain dirt-roadies – here’s why:

Mountain biking is first and foremost about fun and freedom. For a mountain biker, the purpose of every ride is a good time, not a fast time. Dirt-roadies are eternally fixated on speed or riding faster than someone else. To them, a fast time is a good time and they won’t start a ride without a gadget that will measure their physical performance on one or more levels.

Sure, there is a place in mountain biking for racing and performance measurement and we have the world-class pros and packed racing calendar to support this. But why should every ride become a race?

Mountain biking is also about the challenges of riding over varying terrain and natural obstacles like ruts, rocks, roots, steep climbs, sharp drops, long stony ascents or descents, switchback turns, river crossings, mud, thick sand, low branches etc. Dirt roadies feel justified in complaining about this. This is mountain biking, not club cricket. It’s meant to be challenging, unexpected, stimulating and sometimes scary… Mountain bikers embrace variation in terrain. Mountain bikers do not need kilometres and kilometres of man-made manicured trails and smooth singletrack to keep them smiling. Mountain bikers expect the unexpected.

Mountain biking is about enjoying the outdoors. And being the outdoors, this includes taking whatever the weather conditions and incorporating them in the experience. Mountain bikers do not complain about rain or heat or wind, they appreciate this is part of being outdoors. There is appropriate clothing for all weather conditions and choosing the right gear and consuming the appropriate nutrition goes a long way to improving the experience. It’s called planning ahead. Mountain bikers are good at planning ahead.

Like I said earlier, I welcome the conversion of road cyclists to mountain biking. I just want to see more conversions from dirt-roadie to mountain biker. It’s not difficult and actually leads to a far less stressful life. Promise.

But why should every ride become a race?

But, but, but...

The OP was talking about a race. At least to him it was.

Why don't you re-read you drivel and apply it to your own mind first.

Dude? No-one is going to read all that...

No they wont its a decent attempt a plagirism since its a cut and paste jobbie, but it does emboy what MTB use to be.

No they wont its a decent attempt a plagirism since its a cut and paste jobbie, but it does emboy what MTB use to be.

Nah, it's just elitist bollocks from Tread.

If we have fun going fast then by definition we are having a good time.

Be slow all you want, it doesn't make you REAL.

Nah, it's just elitist bollocks from Tread.

If we have fun going fast then by definition we are having a good time.

Be slow all you want, it doesn't make you REAL.

I think your missing the point, its not about going fast or going slow its about having fun. So i refer back to my previous points made, if your not a top 10 or even a top 20 rider drop the @#$#@ attitude. Im pretty well seeded in most races and i hardly ever have congestion problems, but sometimes i ride with mates from the back in races, and those are the ones thats an absoulute blast, you mingle you chat, make friends, fix other peoples bikes that dont know any better and have a bloody good day out on the bike.

If your number 756 out of 4000 and some dude falls in front of you and you get cheesed of at him,,,, im sorry mate that makes you the biggest @#$kwad out there.

If you want to go to race make sure your A or B seeded. otherwise go and have some fun in the sun rain mud mist whatever the flavour is that day, your not that important that you can diss some guy thats A firstly fitter and stronger and ahead of you, because you think your technically apt.

Yes i also agree if you dismount or walk try and do it off the racing line, and people arent doing that just politly ask them if you can have track or have the line, they always oblige. But if your going to be a prick about it, like the OP then FTW i hope he walks 25 out of 30km on his next race. He is obviously a noob to racing and has a shait seeding.

I think your missing the point, its not about going fast or going slow its about having fun. So i refer back to my previous points made, if your not a top 10 or even a top 20 rider drop the @#$#@ attitude. Im pretty well seeded in most races and i hardly ever have congestion problems, but sometimes i ride with mates from the back in races, and those are the ones thats an absoulute blast, you mingle you chat, make friends, fix other peoples bikes that dont know any better and have a bloody good day out on the bike.

If your number 756 out of 4000 and some dude falls in front of you and you get cheesed of at him,,,, im sorry mate that makes you the biggest @#$kwad out there.

If you want to go to race make sure your A or B seeded. otherwise go and have some fun in the sun rain mud mist whatever the flavour is that day, your not that important that you can diss some guy thats A firstly fitter and stronger and ahead of you, because you think your technically apt.

Yes i also agree if you dismount or walk try and do it off the racing line, and people arent doing that just politly ask them if you can have track or have the line, they always oblige. But if your going to be a prick about it, like the OP then FTW i hope he walks 25 out of 30km on his next race. He is obviously a noob to racing and has a shait seeding.

Where's that jesus facepalm pic?

What a load of "I'm not ok, you're not ok, but it's ok" drivel.

Jesus wept.

Where's that jesus facepalm pic?

What a load of "I'm not ok, you're not ok, but it's ok" drivel.

Jesus wept.

Ok so give me your methodology here, act like a dick ride like a dick be a dick? you still no 756 you are just now making it clear that your a dick?

Honestly i didnt peg you down as one of those.......

Edited by covie

No, I'm not.

I don't have a $&@ or any other attitude.

I like going as fast as I can irrelevant of whether I end top 10 or no.

There is no nostalgic club of "how things used to be."

The only thing that makes you a MTB rider is if you think you are one.

Cyclists pedal.

Smug pricks spew rubbish about being in some mythical brotherhood which is now being over run by roadies.

Fact is most new MTB riders were never roadies and serious road enthusiasts are too busy training to care.

No, I'm not.

I don't have a $&@ or any other attitude.

I like going as fast as I can irrelevant of whether I end top 10 or no.

There is no nostalgic club of "how things used to be."

The only thing that makes you a MTB rider is if you think you are one.

Cyclists pedal.

Smug pricks spew rubbish about being in some mythical brotherhood which is now being over run by roadies.

Fact is most new MTB riders were never roadies and serious road enthusiasts are too busy training to care.

The @#$#@ statemnet was aimed at the general mentality not at you, so take some valiums and relax a little. And your last sentance you basically admit to everything that was said in the previous post de facto creating a type of farternatity, which it is if you want it to be or not. Same as Down Hill riders, Motocross riders, Road Cyclists, Mountainbikers they all have similar ideals in their group and thats one of the factors why they do it.

And the only thing that makes you a MTB rider is grinning ear to ear and challanging yourself and enjoying it mate, Doesnt make a smidge difference if your elite or if you have to walk around a switchback, as long as that person is having a ball, people like the OP will just have to deal.

There’s an increasing number of people converting from road cycling to mountain biking. This is a good thing and not really surprising considering how little is being done to improve safety for cyclists on our roads (why did Cycling South Africa not focus on this before creating a week-long Tour of South Africa ...for a handful of pros?).

I call these converts dirt-roadies because even though they are riding a mountain bike, they’re not really mountain bikers – well not initially. Some of them graduate to being mountain bikers, but many just remain dirt-roadies – here’s why:

Mountain biking is first and foremost about fun and freedom. For a mountain biker, the purpose of every ride is a good time, not a fast time. Dirt-roadies are eternally fixated on speed or riding faster than someone else. To them, a fast time is a good time and they won’t start a ride without a gadget that will measure their physical performance on one or more levels.

Sure, there is a place in mountain biking for racing and performance measurement and we have the world-class pros and packed racing calendar to support this. But why should every ride become a race?

Mountain biking is also about the challenges of riding over varying terrain and natural obstacles like ruts, rocks, roots, steep climbs, sharp drops, long stony ascents or descents, switchback turns, river crossings, mud, thick sand, low branches etc. Dirt roadies feel justified in complaining about this. This is mountain biking, not club cricket. It’s meant to be challenging, unexpected, stimulating and sometimes scary… Mountain bikers embrace variation in terrain. Mountain bikers do not need kilometres and kilometres of man-made manicured trails and smooth singletrack to keep them smiling. Mountain bikers expect the unexpected.

Mountain biking is about enjoying the outdoors. And being the outdoors, this includes taking whatever the weather conditions and incorporating them in the experience. Mountain bikers do not complain about rain or heat or wind, they appreciate this is part of being outdoors. There is appropriate clothing for all weather conditions and choosing the right gear and consuming the appropriate nutrition goes a long way to improving the experience. It’s called planning ahead. Mountain bikers are good at planning ahead.

Like I said earlier, I welcome the conversion of road cyclists to mountain biking. I just want to see more conversions from dirt-roadie to mountain biker. It’s not difficult and actually leads to a far less stressful life. Promise.

MTB = ?