Lightest ali frame xc

mcg

Mongoose Meteore Team Frame + XT Front Derailleur + KORE I beam carbon seatpost and saddle = 1588g

KORE seatpost with saddle = 432g

XT Front derailleur = -+ 150g?

Frame only = 1588-423-150 = 1006g :thumbup:

You cant go wrong.

post-10896-0-85305300-1334656933.jpg

post-10896-0-00130900-1334656948.jpg

post-10896-0-24838600-1334656966.jpg

Mongoose ali no longer available in 26 looking at the cotic 26 er with xo components rock shock reba rlt, wheelset easton ea 90 xc and carbon seatpost bars etc should come in under 10kg.

With rotor rings and and crank bros pedals.

@mcg - Mongoose did have a few of the meteore team bikes (with XX/ Fox etc) in 26 inch still around in the warehouse a little while back. When I had one, it came in at 9.7 with pedals etc totally stock. Worth asking to see if they have any still left!

Yeti arc 1500 grams trying to get something around 1100 to 1250 grams

Want the end product to be around 9kg hopefully.

Not many alu frames that are that light.you will have to at scandium or Ti.

Most alu frames are a dime a dozen in that size for a 18" bike hell 3 years ago my 6k silverback phoenix wheighed in at 1.6kg. Id rather focus on geometry like a morewood kwela. on canondale.

Mcg, best to give northcliff a call, I'm in CT now so don't really deal with them that often, I have the 100% chick version...only noticed it after the purchase and - still love it, really easy to chuck around!

Cycho love your pics you got style with mongoose seems there might be one left but they want 8k for the bike no frame set.

Gummibear the cotic 26 er is a ti frame made in England i believe carry's a lifetime guarantee one advantage there.

Covie , morewood is a mass produced frame sold under any name brand 3 yr warranty. Canondale?? not sure.

Cycho love your pics you got style with mongoose seems there might be one left but they want 8k for the bike no frame set.

Gummibear the cotic 26 er is a ti frame made in England i believe carry's a lifetime guarantee one advantage there.

Covie , morewood is a mass produced frame sold under any name brand 3 yr warranty. Canondale?? not sure.

Almost all alu frames are mass produced mate, that said on your size frame you will get between -1.3kg to 1.4kg on about a thousand of them. The differentiating factor is not the weight its how well they are designed. How good their geometry is how balanced they ride. And for that you cannot go wrong with morewood, canondale, etc. Bikes with racing pedigree. That was just desinged to be .... right ;)

2.7 lbs thats 1.2 kg not bad hows the ride.

Covie have to agree 100 percent with that coming from a motorbike background a Yamaha is just bullet proof.

Edited by mcg

I think thats on the 16 inch, 1.2 kg. It climbs great and very balanced. It is definitely fast ,but I have not done a lot of races on it.

Did the Tsitsikamma 70km on the weekend and it handled well, especially climbs and downhill. The technical stuff is where I lack the skill, so not sure what its like there.

Here is a lightweight build on a 16 inch frame: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34198

Okay sorted going with a cotic ti frame set all components sram xo with rotor rings

Seat post bars etc all ritchey carbon, seat rotor , rims Easton ea 90 xc , rock shock reba rlt 120mm

And some good light tubless tyres

Total build weight +- 8.95kg

Not to bad I would think .

Okay sorted going with a cotic ti frame set all components sram xo with rotor rings

Seat post bars etc all ritchey carbon, seat rotor , rims Easton ea 90 xc , rock shock reba rlt 120mm

And some good light tubless tyres

Total build weight +- 8.95kg

Not to bad I would think .

Keep us posted...