French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

Guest Omega Man

Yes, I found a used Torque 6.0 going for cheap, so I snatched it up. Only taken it out twice so far.

It seems like a decent enough bike, and the geo is a great improvement over the Morewood. Waiting for softer springs to arrive, then it's good to go!

Sweet. I just love what YT and Canyon are doing to the bike market. It just shows that someone is making huge profits.

I'm so amped for you guys. You'll LOVE it over there. I've already started bargaining with the wife and making plans to sell my YZ for next years trip.

Just watch the Mutzig and watch those confidence levels on day 3 and 4. Both of those things will have you in a world full of hurt.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. I just love what YT and Canyon are doing to the bike market. It just shows that someone is making huge profits.

Not really the place to discuss pricing, but a friend of mine knows one of the staff at Canyon. Apparently they buy Boxxer R2C2's at less than a quarter of what you pay for it in the shops. Huge margins are definitely being made.

@Hog_ is there any way for yt industries to start importing their bikes to south africa, that tues 2.0... anyway, i reakon there is a big market for cheap, highly speced AM and DH bikes where, i plugged the price of the tues 2.0 into google and got 25k, thats nothing for something so highly specced

@Hog_ is there any way for yt industries to start importing their bikes to south africa, that tues 2.0... anyway, i reakon there is a big market for cheap, highly speced AM and DH bikes where, i plugged the price of the tues 2.0 into google and got 25k, thats nothing for something so highly specced

No point, the importers will mark it up 40% to just rip us off and not to "flood" the market with bikes.

then you could get that tues 2.0 (my dream bike) for like 30k

Edited by mada3400

Guest Omega Man

what about them just adding south africa to their "we deliver bikes to these countries" list

http://www.yt-indust...d-distribution/

they do personal deliveries so to skip out as many middlemen as they can

I spoke the the YT guys in Morzine when I was over there a few weeks ago. The guy basically said that they would happily send a bike to SA but you would have to cover the shipping and VAT/Import duties which would add a fair chunk on to the cost of the bike.

Also the honoring of warranties becomes a problem.

Guest Omega Man

then you could get that tues 2.0 (my dream bike) for like 30k

Ok here is the plan.

Book accomodation in Morzine for a week

Buy a plane ticket to Geneva. (Roughly what the cost of delivery, VAT and Import duties would be anyway)

Order the bike and get it delivered to the place you are staying at in Morzine

Buy a K@K R500 bike at cash converters

box the k@k bike and fly to Morzine.

Bin the k@k bike in Morzine

Ride your new shiny YT in Morzine for a week.

Come home with a fat smile on your face and a nice new bike.

The visas have been granted. :thumbup:

Game on.

My back up plan, should I destroy my bike early on in the trip will be one of 'em YT's :drool:

I spoke the the YT guys in Morzine when I was over there a few weeks ago. The guy basically said that they would happily send a bike to SA but you would have to cover the shipping and VAT/Import duties which would add a fair chunk on to the cost of the bike.

Also the honoring of warranties becomes a problem.

Anyone know how those bikes handle?

Edited by Hairy

Guest Omega Man

Anyone know how those bike handle?

Spoke to 2 German dudes who had the limited edition 11.11 ones and they seemed pretty stoked.

The visas have been granted. :thumbup:

Game on.

My back up plan, should I destroy my bike early on in the trip will be one of 'em YT's :drool:

good to hear they let you in!

Peach and I have just stocked up on bike insurance, so if I destroy my bike, I'll also be shopping around

Guest Omega Man

I my rode local this morning (Tokai). I was instantly reminded to why I love France so much. The bottom part of the trail felt uphill. I promise you guys, your first run down Pleney will top all of your collective riding in SA.

Edited by Omega Man

Weighed my Makulu this morning at the LBS (Mike's Bikes)...

17.08kg, with pedals. Not bad for a large size, alu framed DH bike, ey!?

I shouldn't have told Peach though... as it seems now I will be carrying the spares and tools for the trip :lol:

Guest Omega Man

Weighed my Makulu this morning at the LBS (Mike's Bikes)...

17.08kg, with pedals. Not bad for a large size, alu framed DH bike, ey!?

I shouldn't have told Peach though... as it seems now I will be carrying the spares and tools for the trip :lol:

If you are staying at that catered place don't they have tools?