French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

hahaha. did you also notice how all the supermarkets closed just as you were getting hungry or thirsty?

haha! yeah! Ed is closed at the time when they'd probably have the most business.

Luckily Spar stayed open through lunch (they even have a sign advertising it like they're doing you a favour).

As for the Medical Centre though. I had my "lie down" at around 12:30. Made my own way back down the hill and was back at the chalet around 13:00ish. Had to wait until 16:00 for the doctor to come back from lunch... aaah life is good in europe :lol:

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

**** you get to ride the best trails in the world and still whinge! ... :P hahaha .... im sure those okes over there do a MUCH better job than the natives i have to use here!

haha. Yeah. amazing how spoilt you become in less than a week.

**** you get to ride the best trails in the world and still whinge! ... :P hahaha .... im sure those okes over there do a MUCH better job than the natives i have to use here!

careful using that phrase! According to the professionals on Super Cycling, SA offers the best :lol:

but yeah... a lift pass works out to more than R100/day... and in the 10 days I rode, I only saw 2 work crews and both only worked for the length of 1 run (ie. rode ski lift up and saw them. did a run. next lift up they were gone) haha!

But yeah... trails are amazing, and breaking bumps are a very small price to pay

ok so fess up. did you hit the mutzig and did it kick you in the kidneys?

I wimped out TBH. We had three afternoons where I managed 3 easily, but we had to head home and cook (with more beer :thumbup: ). I wanted to do the Mutzig Challenge on the last day but decided to ride instead. I did manage to get a souvenir glass though :ph34r:. The old folks who run Bar Robinson are a fairly uptight bunch.

Some Scot's who were staying at the same spot as we were said a mate of theirs did 8 between 4pm & 8pm (the bar ONLY opens between these times) and that the real challenge is 10 :eek:

Guest Omega Man

but yeah... a lift pass works out to more than R100/day... and in the 10 days I rode, I only saw 2 work crews and both only worked for the length of 1 run (ie. rode ski lift up and saw them. did a run. next lift up they were gone) haha!

Bru it costs R120 to go up harties "ski lift" ONCE. I reckon it's the biggest bargain in the history of mankind. R100 per day for access to 20 ski lifts in 2 countries.

I actually chatted to the one maintenance guy in Les Gets (dreadlocks) and he reckoned it was pointless to do it cos the braking bumps are just back 3 days later. He reckoned the only time it makes a diff is when it rains cos on rainy days the braking bumps get even worse.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Some Scot's who were staying at the same spot as we were said a mate of theirs did 8 between 4pm & 8pm (the bar ONLY opens between these times) and that the real challenge is 10 :eek:

good lord. 10 is certain death.

careful using that phrase! According to the professionals on Super Cycling, SA offers the best :lol:

But yeah... trails are amazing, and breaking bumps are a very small price to pay

Dude ... think that you have to pay R40 bucks a day to ride at Giba - and there the trails are either maintained by Me and Dave and Matt (and we still pay to ride) or when one of us kaks out the trail crew cus there are breaking ruts everywhere - AND there is no ski lift!

**** ... R100 bucks a day ... id pay that to ride down anything for the day! ... saves riding up!

Bru it costs R120 to go up harties "ski lift" ONCE. I reckon it's the biggest bargain in the history of mankind. R100 per day for access to 20 ski lifts in 2 countries.

Plus you get access to local busses.

The 13 day lift pass cost me exactly R1550.65

The trip would be a waste of time without it and is worth every penny.

Guest Omega Man

Dude ... think that you have to pay R40 bucks a day to ride at Giba - and there the trails are either maintained by Me and Dave and Matt (and we still pay to ride) or when one of us kaks out the trail crew cus there are breaking ruts everywhere - AND there is no ski lift!

**** ... R100 bucks a day ... id pay that to ride down anything for the day! ... saves riding up!

19 July 2013. That's all I'm saying.

Nige you forgot to mention that giba is ****.

Nige you forgot to mention that giba is ****.

As are ALL of our other tracks in comparison to overseas ... (and i know you are just trying to stir! :ph34r: )

Guest Omega Man

As are ALL of our other tracks in comparison to overseas ... (and i know you are just trying to stir! :ph34r: )

19 July 2013.

16 March 2013 ... i will be broke from then on ... so 19 july is out unfortunately ... (unless my chick pays for our honeymoon :ph34r: )

16 March 2013 ... i will be broke from then on ... so 19 july is out unfortunately ... (unless my chick pays for our honeymoon :ph34r: )

Nige are you gonna be at the keg on sunday or you planning your hens party?

i will see what happens ... keen to come to the keg ... but dont feel like riding a beginners track! .... I need a challenge ... :P :P :D :lol: