French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

Guest Omega Man

OM, is the French government giving you backhanders?

If not, they should be.

WRT to Whistler, it would be cool but for the cost of the air ticket to get to the other side of the world you can do 2 weeks in France. Not to mention the wasted riding time in getting to & from Canada. It would be cool, but it makes no sense WRT time and cash.

Yup. They really should be. haha.

Ja I looked at Whistler a few years ago and it was just plain ridiculous. The best estimate I could come out to was 50-60k for a 2 week trip. Which made it way out of reach for me. For 60k I'd rather go to France 3 times. There's just no way that whistler is 3 times better. I could of course be wrong but I'll only really know if I actually go there and that's a position I'd be really stoked to be in.

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. They really should be. haha.

Ja I looked at Whistler a few years ago and it was just plain ridiculous. The best estimate I could come out to was 50-60k for a 2 week trip. Which made it way out of reach for me. For 60k I'd rather go to France 3 times. There's just no way that whistler is 3 times better. I could of course be wrong but I'll only really know if I actually go there and that's a position I'd be really stoked to be in.

Dude, so with you on that one. Plus, you'd need to stay for 3 weeks to get over the jet lag and get the same amount of actual riding time in, so that makes it even more expensive! Not to mention that you're absolutely STUFFED when you get back from that Canadian connection. Damn.

And all that isn't even taking into account the long waits in lift queues! Longest we had to wait was about 20min at the lower Chatel lift... and if one thinks that isn't worth it... there are plenty of other lifts and trails with no queues.

So should we just start a French & Swiss Alps 2013 thread or what?

The Istanbul connection makes a lot more sense than Dubai.

You drink very wise coffee OM. What brand is it?

So should we just start a French & Swiss Alps 2013 thread or what?

The Istanbul connection makes a lot more sense than Dubai.

You drink very wise coffee OM. What brand is it?

Yes! I think such a thread could be in order!

And the Turkish connection does make mroe sense... but first one inportant question...

will I get free McDonalds in Istanbul airport? Oh and ewll Peach be allowed to sleep on the floor like a homeless person?

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557475_10151011770905658_1427576922_n.jpg

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

Yes! I think such a thread could be in order!

And the Turkish connection does make mroe sense... but first one inportant question...

will I get free McDonalds in Istanbul airport? Oh and ewll Peach be allowed to sleep on the floor like a homeless person?

You won't need to. You'll only be on the deck for 3 hours. And I don't know about you but I'd take an afternoon of getting my eye in on Pleney over a burger every day of the week.

You won't need to. You'll only be on the deck for 3 hours. And I don't know about you but I'd take an afternoon of getting my eye in on Pleney over a burger every day of the week.

Last time I was on Pleney I popped my collarbone out, not my eye in... :lol:

Guest Omega Man

Last time I was on Pleney I popped my collarbone out, not my eye in... :lol:

Haha. So some unfinished business then.

Guest Omega Man

I got a **** load of unfinished business :oops:

If we all book at Nantegue at the same time we might even be able to pull a group discount. SAFFA Flags WILL be flown from the windows. That is my final word on the matter.

Edited by Omega Man

Also, keep in mind that World Champs is happening in PMB 26 Aug - 1 Sept.

Masters is the week before 21 - 25 Aug.

Going to have to save some leave for that too.

Edited by Super_mil

Guest Omega Man

Also, keep in mind that World Champs is happening in PMB 26 Aug - 1 Sept.

Masters is the week before 21 - 25 Aug.

Going to have to save some leave for that too.

Ja. I'm keen for that too. But I'm more keen for France. Actually. It's more of a need if I'm honest.

Ja. I'm keen for that too. But I'm more keen for France. Actually. It's more of a need if I'm honest.

If I had to choose,it would be World Champs, france will always be there next year,but a world champs 2 minutes from my house-priceless

Guest Omega Man

If I had to choose,it would be World Champs, france will always be there next year,but a world champs 2 minutes from my house-priceless

That's cos you've never been there. If I had to choose between a kidney and a week in France.... Where's that scalpel?