On One Frames

hdp_gmx

If you look at the sizing chart on the On One website you'll see that there is only an 8mm difference in effective top tube length between the L and XL, however the seat tube is 38mm longer on the XL....biggest difference is thus standover height rather than reach.

If you have a longer torso in relation to leg length I'd go for the Large...but that's just me!

Remember to order a frame with horizontal or sliding vertical rather than normal vertical dropouts so you can get your chain tension sorted without worrying about a tensioner.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i calculated a 2.7 cm difference: Effective Top Tube (in) 23 23.7 24.4 25.2

I am sure the L will be fine if you buddy is riding a 18"

Edited by hdp_gmx

On-one recon 800-100 pounds for the Ti frame .... guess I am sticking to my steel frame then

That is a bit steep, but not a bad price for a Ti frame. Looking good XTC, cant wait :clap:

That might be difficult Hairy, i have only seen two SS riders so far up here divernick ans his better half :)

@XTC1 - Seeing as i am building a SS specific bike is was thinking of getting the http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOSSLTD29/on_one_inbred_29er_single_speed_ltd_edition as for the op tube length, you might be rigth :thumbup:

If you're willing to make the trek to the south, you're welcome to take mine for a spin around Rietvlei on the weekend sometime....

excuse my ignorance and hijack - but what is the fuss about single speed.

I ride road and mtb...done all the major road races and most mtb races and will be doing my second epic next year..... to me a SS would will imply an intense workout depending on gearing so my question/s as to why applies on all front?

thanks in advance :-)

excuse my ignorance and hijack - but what is the fuss about single speed.

I ride road and mtb...done all the major road races and most mtb races and will be doing my second epic next year..... to me a SS would will imply an intense workout depending on gearing so my question/s as to why applies on all frothankadvancevancevance :-)

Uhmmm.

How to explain?

Imagine finding a cellular phone that can make a phone call. One with numbers that you can see first, before letters.

Making sense?

Just imagine.....

If you're willing to make the trek to the south, you're welcome to take mine for a spin around Rietvlei on the weekend sometime....

Thanks for the offer stretched, but i am in Clarens this weekend for the MTN race there... my inseam is 81.5 cm barefeet, looking at that and my length the L technically should be fine. If my stem is too long i'll sell it and get an XL :thumbup:

:clap:

just ordered from On-One:

CHSHHG53 - 1 - Shimano Deore HG53 9 Speed Chain

CROOSS-32-SIL-IN - 1 - OnOne Stainless Chainring / 32t / Silver / Inner Position

FROOSSLTD29-19.5-PWH - 1 - On One Inbred 29er Single Speed LTD Edition / 195 inch / Pearl White

FSOOCT-QR - 1 - OnOne chaintug / Quick Release Version

FSOOCT-SOL - 1 - OnOne chaintug / Solid Axle Version

HBOOODH-RED-MTB-318 - 1 - OnOne Oversized Riser Bars / Anodised Red / MTB / 318mm Clamp

HBOOOFB-TIT-MTB-318 - 1 - OnOne Oversize Flat Bar Handlebar / Anodised Titanium / MTB / 318mm Clamp

HSFSOMX-118-WHT-EXT - 1 - FSA Orbit MX Headset / 1 1/8 inch / White / External

HSPXALSPACER-118-BLK - 1 - Superlight Headset Spacer Pack / 1 1/8 inch / Black

PESHSPDM540-SIL - 1 - Shimano PDM 540 SPD pedal / Silver

SAOOIN-CRO-WHT - 1 - OnOne Inbred Saddle / CroMo Rails / White

SCOOFOR-298 - 1 - OnOne 6061T6 Forged Alloy Seatclamp Bolt Up / 298 mm

SPOOTW-272-RED - 1 - OnOne Twelfty MTB Seatpost / 272mm / Anodised Red

STOO3DF-60-BLK-25-318 - 1 - OnOne 3D Forged Stem / 60 mm / Matt Black / 25 degrees / 318 mm Clamp

STOO3DF-80-BLK-25-318 - 1 - OnOne 3D Forged Stem / 80 mm / Matt Black / 25 deg rise / 318mm Clamp

STOO3DF-80-BLK-6-318 - 1 - OnOne 3D Forged Stem / 80 mm / Matt Black / 6 degrees / 318mm Clamp

Lots of stems i know, but they were dirt cheap, got all three for the price of one.

Nice work!

May i suggest that you look at the el Guapo handlebars on their site? 810mm of awesomeness. At the price I reckon it's worth getting a set and if you don't like them I'll take them off your hands.

Oh ja and Oury grips at 5 quid a pair...simply the best grips you'll ever use...well worth chucking a few into your shopping basket.

post-3611-0-84500800-1336029431.jpg

Nice work!

May i suggest that you look at the el Guapo handlebars on their site? 810mm of awesomeness. At the price I reckon it's worth getting a set and if you don't like them I'll take them off your hands.

Oh ja and Oury grips at 5 quid a pair...simply the best grips you'll ever use...well worth chucking a few into your shopping basket.

I already checked out :wacko: i added two bars on the order already, if they dont work ill get the above :thumbup:

Edited by hdp_gmx