On One Frames

hdp_gmx

Dagse!

First post, i looked for an "Intoduce yourself" section but could not find one (probably searched like my a## again)

After spending the weekend riding with some SS folk i am very keen on getting one going.

Got back into MTB after about 4 years off and i am busy shedding all those boerie rolls and beers, got a long way to go still but we'll get there :D. I got myself a 29er FS bike that i am riding at the moment and i like how easily it rolls over rough terain so a 29er SS will be high on the list. I spent quite a while reaserching and looking at all the frame options out there and i might have narrowed it down to two frames (i think) On One - Inbred and a Kona Unit. I like the Ragley Piglet but that is a 26er frame :( and i cant afford the TD1

I have noticed a few guys on here have On One frames, where did you guys order, from this site http://www.on-one.co.uk ?

The Kona i can get from Maveric so that is not too much of a pain. I would like to go CroMo as it is a little easier on the body, not as harsh as ALU. If you guys have any other reccomendations on SS CroMo 29er frames, i am open to suggestions :thumbup:

Cheers

/h

Edited by hdp_gmx

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo welcome.

I bought my Inbred second hand, but the guys from the on-one website are rather helpful and to get a frame shipped to SA is about R400.00

Don't think about it, just get one.

I had a Kona 29'er before and built her up as a SS, but the ride and feel is nowhere near the amazing ride offered by the Inbred steel 29'er frames.

This bike is just flipping great anywhere on the trail, even being a little on the heavy side the frame just has such a great feel that can't be described in words.

Great bikes!!!!!!

Hairy

Thanks Hairy,

divernick also recons they are the way to go, all the reviews i read about them were good too.

That sipping is not bad at all, ill get in contact with they guys there and see what they can do.

As for the weight, not to worried about that, at this stage the rider has atleast 15kg to drop :eek:

I've got the 2012 Kona Unit and it's great. Also considered the On-One, but decided on the Kona because it comes as a frame and fork combo. Be aware though that Maverick are a little slow with delivery. Their 10 days from order to delivery took them 3 months.

Cool thanks flippa, did some more reading, definitely going to go with the Inbred. Thanks for the info though :thumbup:

I have an on one 456. Love it. I don't think the guys who where bringing them in to SA are doing it anymore. Just order thru the uk website. Great frames for the price you pay.

Kiwi used to bring it in before.

There is another guy in Cape Town at the moment who is supposedly bringing them in, but after me forwarding 2 x clients to him and then having no reply from him I would rather advise that you get it from the On-One boys. The price works out the same in any event.

Just a note.

I measure in for a 16" frame, but decided on an 18" frame after seeing another riders 16" ... I am 1.78m tall as a reference and run a 70mm stem on the bike with 700mm wide bars and an inline seatpost.

is kiwi still importing on one ?

No he stopped about a year and a bit ago. Pity though as he always offers good service.

He is running the Rapide range of bikes.

And WHAT, may I ask sir, is wrong with COTIC?

Nothing they are great bikes, got rave reviews too :thumbup: Solaris is just a bit too expensive compared to the On-One

lol still need to go watch that movie :clap:

FAIL. Was meant to link to the thread. But I went to see the movie last night. I will not lie - it took my already lofty expectations and promptly went BASH BASH BASH. Quite honestly the BEST movie I have seen in a looong time, and very deservedly sits in my top 3.

You'll get the ref to BASH BASH BASH when you watch the movie... Something to do with Loki...