Cycle Lab

Wasbeer

I actually prefer to be left alone. I can walk around look at things and if I don't see what I want then I will go ask. It's is like the manager that ALWAYS arrives as you take the 2nd bite of your food and asks "Is everything ok" so you have to cover your mouth cause it's full and try mumble something...... :mellow:

For sure if you walk around and don't touch anything you generally get left alone. Pick things up and they will be there. I bet being sales people they generally can see if someone is browsing or wants to buy something. They may get it wrong every now and again. With me it's easy, they see a scotsman walking in and know he is browsing only :clap:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a pair of gloves from Cycle Lab end March 2012, week ago found the seem is getting "undone", took it back to Bellville branch on Monday 30/4/12, said they must speak to rep, will replace Thursday (today). Let’s see.

As for service in Bellville, was attended every time I walked in.

Lab in Town - not much to say....

As for WE - have allot of respect for that man. Helped me and gave a lot of his time in design of my 29er.

NOW... If it is service you want you will vissit a shop in Durbanville. Hidden somewhere between Mica and some pub.

Cycle Funatic.

They have their Sh@t together boys and girls. (Mind that word.)

Go give them a try.

just my 2c.

Yip Deon and the lads are yet to fail me :thumbup:

Its six of one and half a dozen of the other when it comes to sales and service, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Worst shop for me is Incredible Connection Westgate, its like a rugby scrum in there with the sales guys when you walk through the door!

I agree Incredible Connection is the worst.

Here's one for you... broke a spoke in my rear wheel on Sunday... took it to Cycle Lab at 12:45 and they had it ready and trued by 13:10.

IMO that is service. Most shops ask you to leave the wheel with them for a couple of days as they are busy or dont have the right parts.

Big :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Paulst12

Here's one for you... broke a spoke in my rear wheel on Sunday... took it to Cycle Lab at 12:45 and they had it ready and trued by 13:10.

IMO that is service. Most shops ask you to leave the wheel with them for a couple of days as they are busy or dont have the right parts.

Big :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thats funny, cause I called in to ask how long a seat and seal on my tubeless (x1) would take, and the price....

Get this: they said I can drop the wheel of and collect the next day, @ R175... seriously?

My other trusted LBS took 15minutes @ R70.

Nothing stops you from approaching a member of staff and asking for help.

I have to admit I lost my cool with CL Fourways a few weekends ago but that was more about not being able to find a person to ask for help. I took it up with the manager and got a proper apology and promise that the casual staff will be spoken to. Have not been back there to see if it helped.

Their prices however as a tad on the high side.

Maybe the Cycle Lab in 4ways that I went to this past weekend is in another dimension or something beacause they were excellent

On Sat morning I popped in to find out where Van Galens is and how to get there.

The youngster who come up to me did not know but directed me to two other salesmen.They looked it up on the computer and gave me the directions and also gave me a run down of the trail.+1

Monday I was back to buy new road pedals

A tall skraal wit oke came up to me and took me over to the pedals and spent a good 10 minutes discussing the merits of the different makes and models,play,weight, etc as I felt like changing from Look

I bought a set of Look eventually.Reasonably priced as well.I know what the cost price is from the distributor.+1

As I was walking out I remembered I need new mtb tyres.Walked back over to the tyres.

Black guy came over and immediately gave me his full and as I found out experienced attention.Cannot remember his name but super guy +1

All in all a pleasant shopping experience

As I was walking out I remembered I need new mtb tyres.Walked back over to the tyres.

Black guy came over and immediately gave me his full and as I found out experienced attention.Cannot remember his name but super guy +1

All in all a pleasant shopping experience

Most likely Ben, very capable rider and also completed the Epic this year.

Most likely Ben, very capable rider and also completed the Epic this year.

That's him.Funny accent.

Had a long chat and good advice from him :thumbup:

That's him.Funny accent.

Had a long chat and good advice from him :thumbup:

Yeah, Ugandan guy, him and his mate did Epic this year. Absolutely great guys!

CycleLab in Cape Town CBD has gone way down in my estimation. Perhaps they didn't have the best passing trade business when they were situated at Northgate Island, but they had a kick-ass team there, and they were on the ball for the most part. Whenever I checked a bike or wheel in for service I would get regular feedback on status, and then an SMS to collect. I couldn't fault them, and they got regular business from me. Then when they moved it all changed, for me anyways ...

Almost 2 months ago I booked in a Mavic R-Sys front wheel to have a spoke replaced (after a small incident). This required them to send it to the agents for replacement, which I accepted. After chasing up for a response in that time (note - me doing the chasing up, absolutely no updates from them) and getting the run-around, my significant-other decides to go there herself when in the area over a week back. The staff there appear to be confused as to the whereabouts of my wheel, and then they produce a Mavic MTB wheel that has my job ticket no on it and say "there you are !". She, being a cyclist herself, says "Um, no, that's not the wheel ... and look, the actual owner has also attached their own details to it !!". So then she suggests that they call me there and then, which they do, and I then lay out the whole story for them again ! They then say that they will call the agents for an update and then call me back. I'm still waiting for that call ... anyways, I decide to go there myself this past Monday, and we're back to square one with confused staff not knowing where my wheel is ! After talking amongst themselves they tell me that the guy who knows about my wheel is not in for the day, but he will call me about it. Yet again, I'm still waiting for this call too ... !

The upside of my visit though, is the kind offer from one their service techs, out of his own initiative, to lend me a set of Kysrium wheels in the meantime so that I can do the WPCA race the next day. Give that man a Bells !!

CycleLab CT CBD are not going to see my business in a hurry though !

Cycle Lab Winelands is nothing to write home about. They are not open long though, so give them a chance. I'd much rather go next door to Cycle World........ Dn't like the Manager........ But Eugene is a star..... Always helpful.

I had a similar experience as the OP on my 1st visit to the new CWC. The guy walked past me 3 times in the 10min i spent waiting for assistance. Offering to help other BROWSERS. Until the 4th time he tried to walk past me, I put my hands up, and then received some assistance. Maybe I don't look like I'm buying.......

I have been to CL Winelands a few times and have only good things to say. Yes they are a new store and I hope their service can only get better. It makes a good impression when someone greets you by shaking your hand, introducing themselves and that from the workshop manager as well. Good luck to Deon, Owen and team. I would drive from Cpt if there service stays that way.

All i can say is CL boksburg,, what a joke.. you people waste my petrol and time again i will have a shitpie for your window... ;)