Cycle Lab

Wasbeer

just pickup one of the bikes and bounce the suspension, then see how quickly someone assists you .hahahaha :thumbup:

Uhm, test the suspension...

:thumbup: :blush:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the opposite problem, they wont leave me alone - whenever i walk in there i get swamped by 4 guys at once!

while we're on cycle lab, i recently had a wheel trued. not only did they put all the other jobs aside when i said i needed my wheel back in a hurry, they also sent me an sms the second it was ready for collection, with the amount due and a contact person and number. great service!

Sounds like Cyclelab's Baghdad branch is the one to shop at.

I was gonna say,'I didn't know camels had spoked wheels or disk brakes' :w00t: :thumbup:

This is where the guys get it wrong.

When a potential client walks in, go to them and ask if you can help.

If they say, yes. Inquire as to what they are looking for.

If they say no, let them know to give you a shout if they do find something they need assistance with. Then also keep glancing in their direction to ensure that the person s not trying to get your attention.

Simple - you give initial attention but don't unnecessarily hover.

Cant say I've had any wow experiences at CL FW...Best of all, Mr Mclean sits on the couch in front of the TV, sees I'm walking around, standing, trying to get some attention from a sales guy....but doesn't do anything.

Cant say I've had any wow experiences at CL FW...Best of all, Mr Mclean sits on the couch in front of the TV, sees I'm walking around, standing, trying to get some attention from a sales guy....but doesn't do anything.

Maybe he was in the middle of his Blue Steel pose...

http://www.beirutnightlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/zoolander_face.jpg

This is where the guys get it wrong.

When a potential client walks in, go to them and ask if you can help.

If they say, yes. Inquire as to what they are looking for.

If they say no, let them know to give you a shout if they do find something they need assistance with. Then also keep glancing in their direction to ensure that the person s not trying to get your attention.

Simple - you give initial attention but don't unnecessarily hover.

My kinda sales person, yeah...

Leave me alone, but just a lil' bit.

:)

So you walked up to him and went "excuse me, could you please help me? I looking for ....."?

So you walked up to him and went "excuse me, could you please help me? I looking for ....."?

why would I? I'm the customer.

why would I? I'm the customer.

So you wasted your own time by going there? You are only a customer if you buy, and until then you need to communicate intent to purchase.

Maybe he saw the apathy in your eyes/attitude and though "Oh gawd, another browser. Please let me just finish this line of thought I'm busy with"

So you wasted your own time by going there? You are only a customer if you buy, and until then you need to communicate intent to purchase.

Maybe he saw the apathy in your eyes/attitude and though "Oh gawd, another browser. Please let me just finish this line of thought I'm busy with"

Mr Mclean? are you on the Hub? Sorry don't share your views.

We owned a liquor store a few years, and rule in retail is, offer assistance, no matter if its a buying customer or browser.

When I set foot in MSC, someone notices and asks if I need assistance.

Since when do you only server IF there's money involved?

We owned a liquor store a few years, and rule in retail is, offer assistance, no matter if its a buying customer or browser.

He is on the hub, but I'm not him.

You kinda missed what I was saying, but it is fine... Keep on torching

Someone that browses in a liquor store generally lives in the bush and stinks.....so your customer service is more for security purposes....

What is there to browse? "Oh look, a bottle!", "Look, another bottle...this one is green" I have rarely seen anybody walk into a dopshop and not leave with something, so you cannot really compare clients.

I agree with heman, ask for assistance if you are so desperate, otherwise you are standing around like a self inflated grump collecting a long wait. You don't say much about the fact that you don't get any assistance when you walk into Pick and Pay or Woolies....or have you stopped buying groceries.

I've always found the sales guys at CL FW are waiting for me as I hit the door. Maybe you should change your aftershave?

LOL - finding a Sales guy at CL FW has never been my issue, in fact I try to dodge them and find/hunt what I need myself.

I've bought my first 3 MTB's from them, because they had a good selection of stock and it was a nice place to shop... however in hindsight I cant help but feel a bit ripped off due to the poor advice I received from them at the time.."unbeknownz to me at the time"

I am sorry but I really find most of their sales staff to be rather super doff, especially re mtbing...

The ladies working there are super helpful and competent though, that I can say.

I now treat them the same as Cajee's.... know exactly what you want before you walk into the store, do you research, call to see if they have it in stock.

Is it just me or is Cycle Labs service shocking?

Was in the one that just open up in Cape Town and walked around there for about 10min and no one asking to help! I went to the Shop at the Tyger Manor in Belville yesterday with the same problem!

Anyone else also having this problem with them??

Man i tell you that invisible effect is a curse, I wish I knew how to turn it off.

Happens to me mostly in restuarants not bike shops.

Its six of one and half a dozen of the other when it comes to sales and service, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Worst shop for me is Incredible Connection Westgate, its like a rugby scrum in there with the sales guys when you walk through the door!