Custom bibs

Speeding

I like the quality of Assos bibs, how does it compare with a bib made according to your measurements by company's like Velotex and Pandasport??

Accept for my Fox baggies, my Assos investments are the best shorts I have (oh, and my old-school leather shammies)

Honestly I find that Panda shammies to thick and the bib to warm for summer

The FTech bibs are good and Anatomic ok

Don't know about Veltex

All depend on the usage

Accept for my Fox baggies, my Assos investments are the best shorts I have (oh, and my old-school leather shammies)

Honestly I find that Panda shammies to thick and the bib to warm for summer

The FTech bibs are good and Anatomic ok

Don't know about Veltex

All depend on the usage

have you tried Ftech bibs? how do they compare to assos? Which chamois is in your ftech shorts? Thanks for the feedback.

More like Bentley vs GWM... Seriously there is no comparison for Assos bibs. They are the bees knees :clap:

Giordana... Buy them from CRC. Way cheaper than what you find local. Fits like a glove. :)

Giordana... Buy them from CRC. Way cheaper than what you find local. Fits like a glove. :)

+1

Been kitting my self out in Giordana since I took hold of the silverline shorts last year. Can't believe they are so cheap and so good, Got Assos and Castelli Free Aero's but love my lasers. Just got Windtex jacket and silverline roubaix knickers for winter from Rose Bikes. Great quality.

They also do team branded kit as do Vermarc.

And another +1

I bought a pair of assos (were on special at bethesda bikewear at the time) after everyone was raving about them... but they hurt my gat! Definitely not better than my giordana and vermarc shorts...

I like the quality of Assos bibs, how does it compare with a bib made according to your measurements by company's like Velotex and Pandasport??

i didn't know they made custom to fit kit. Yes certainly L, XL, XXL etc, but not made to fit your measurements, unless that has changed recently...

Something to consider:

Your saddle...

Your sit bone width...

Your seated position...

Any one of these should affect the kind of chamois that you need.

a chamois is there to protect your sit bones - and the flesh in between.

I have a wide saddle -I am using the Adamo saddle- and even the Assos makes no real difference because the chamois does not stay where it should and results in actually causing me to sit skeeef!

I find that the ZOOT triathlon chamois... which is just a but of extra material makes for an awesome ride...

All I am saying is: in isolation the information given is subjective.

I bought a pair of assos (were on special at bethesda bikewear at the time) after everyone was raving about them... but they hurt my gat! Definitely not better than my giordana and vermarc shorts...

You sure they did not sell you Asos...

:-)

i didn't know they made custom to fit kit. Yes certainly L, XL, XXL etc, but not made to fit your measurements, unless that has changed recently...

Agree. I doubt you're going to find a manufacturer that kits you according to specific measurements.

All will more likely work on the standard S, M, L ...

Some may do a bit extra like add some length, or shorten the legs etc.

Nothing in cycling is "a one size fits all".

Assos produces great quality products, but it doesn't mean that it will work for everyone.

A number of other brands have imprved so much that they quite easily rival Assos ... Giordana, Santini, Vermarc, Nalini, and there are more everyday.

Finding the one for you can be an expensive exercise though. LOL :)