Titan 29er Pro

Nic8711

Hi Guys :D

So im taking the leap and buying a 29er B) I took a look at the following 4 bikes:

• MOMSEN ALS29
  • SCOTT SCALE 29 ELITE
  • TITAN 29R PRO
  • GIANT XTC COMPOSITE 29ER 1

Spec for spec the Titan really comes out on top and its a great looking bike too.In addition, the guys at Chain Cycerly in hillcrest have decided to do a great deal for me and include a full Crest ZTR wheelset + do a tubeless conversion for me becuase thats what the momsen bike had to offer(Minus the crest hubs) which is what would have pursueded me to get the momsen.

I think im really happy with my decision - So ill getting the bike at the end of the month :clap:

Now, I cant really find any reviews on the Titan range. I know they come from the Merido factory so they cant be all that bad :thumbup:

Does anyone have any reviews on this specific bike by anychance ?

And does anyone have any reasons why I should not get this bike ?

Full Specs below:

http://www.titanracingbikes.com/Specs.aspx?Bike=29RPro

Nic

I had the same dilemma as you having now. I ruled out the Giant because I didn't like the SRAM groupset and the bakes are very entry level Shimano.

It was between the Momsen and the Titan, I Scott was out of my price range. I went for the Titan and upgraded the brakes to XT to make it a full XT bike.

I'm not looking back.

The brakes and shifters are bit skimped on the Titan's

I agree on the brakes, they're M505's, the shifters are XT so what would you recommend?

Any idea on the weight of the Titan elite?

Friend of mine bought one and claims it is 11.4kg.

He paid around 7k for it, so a 29er for 7k at that weight is a pretty neat deal

I agree on the brakes, they're M505's, the shifters are XT so what would you recommend?

Oh sorry thought it was shimano m 505 's or something, Xt is tops :thumbup:

I also wanna upgrade my mtb to maybe a 29er,but i am also happy with a 26". I'm going to start doing Marathon distances and would like you guys to tell me which mtb would be the best for me. I am currently looking at the BMC TEAMELITE TE03, and the AXIS A 20 29er. But any other suggestion would be appreciated. I am currently riding a TREK 4300, which is a ok entry level bike. I've allready done a couple of 65km races with it, but need a better bike as soon as possible.

Hi Guys :D

So im taking the leap and buying a 29er B) I took a look at the following 4 bikes:

• MOMSEN ALS29
  • SCOTT SCALE 29 ELITE
  • TITAN 29R PRO
  • GIANT XTC COMPOSITE 29ER 1

Spec for spec the Titan really comes out on top and its a great looking bike too.In addition, the guys at Chain Cycerly in hillcrest have decided to do a great deal for me and include a full Crest ZTR wheelset + do a tubeless conversion for me becuase thats what the momsen bike had to offer(Minus the crest hubs) which is what would have pursueded me to get the momsen.

I think im really happy with my decision - So ill getting the bike at the end of the month :clap:

Now, I cant really find any reviews on the Titan range. I know they come from the Merido factory so they cant be all that bad :thumbup:

Does anyone have any reviews on this specific bike by anychance ?

And does anyone have any reasons why I should not get this bike ?

Full Specs below:

http://www.titanraci...spx?Bike=29RPro

Nic

Hi Nic

just out of interest what did the Titan set u back ?

Been riding a 26er for 3 years now and looking to change to a 29er been almost 2m tall , ive been told changing to a 29er would be quite easy for me.

Spent a few bit on my 26er and dont want to lose trading up now if the outlay is gonna be extensive.

Is LBS offering the tubeless conversion with all their sales of the Titan ?

Hi Nic

just out of interest what did the Titan set u back ?

Been riding a 26er for 3 years now and looking to change to a 29er been almost 2m tall , ive been told changing to a 29er would be quite easy for me.

Spent a few bit on my 26er and dont want to lose trading up now if the outlay is gonna be extensive.

Is LBS offering the tubeless conversion with all their sales of the Titan ?

R15,000 CASH Deal ! No one else can beat that deal iv tried :w00t:

LBS ?? The guys at the shop said they will offer me free conversion because the tires support it.

SHIFTER-F SHIMANO SL-M770-3

SHIFTER-R SHIMANO SL-M770-10

So they not XT ? :(

Any idea on the weight of the Titan elite?

Friend of mine bought one and claims it is 11.4kg.

He paid around 7k for it, so a 29er for 7k at that weight is a pretty neat deal

No clue what the weight is ? A guy that was trying to convince me to buy the Giant kept saying the Titan is heavy!! But 11.4 KGs isnt bad at all !! Im going to see the bike personally this weekend ill get it weighed and let you guys know :)

Shimano Rapidfire SL-M770 Shifter it look like it's XT

That's because M770 is the product code for the Rapidfire XT shifters.