CompliMed Midlands ULTRA Tri-Series

B-Active Sports

The cape is spring will provide you with enought wind - dont worry about that. Its hot and dusty out that way so should be a good simulation

So should I cycle with a ski mask?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Garf.

Great time. My best in a 70.3 distance is 5:50 so I guess you own me on two fronts!

Need to up the training.

You have now given me a target for 70.3 in Jan to redeem myself.

Well done Garf.

Great time. My best in a 70.3 distance is 5:50 so I guess you own me on two fronts!

Need to up the training.

You have now given me a target for 70.3 in Jan to redeem myself.

Thanks Dave!

Comparative Stats

Midlands - Swim 1.99km - Bike 86.83km / 780m elevation gain - Run 21.32km / 114m elevation gain

Ironman 70.3 - 2.37km - 91.82km / 1133m elevation gain - 21.29km / 201m elevation gain

As per Garmin 310xt

Comparative Stats

Midlands - Swim 1.99km - Bike 86.83km / 780m elevation gain - Run 21.32km / 114m elevation gain

Ironman 70.3 - 2.37km - 91.82km / 1133m elevation gain - 21.29km / 201m elevation gain

As per Garmin 310xt

Wow - it feels like a whole lot more. That is really surprising

Comparative Stats

As per Garmin 310xt

Not to be funny but surely there was more climbing on yesterdays run route? It was up and down the whole time with that biatch of a climb at the turn which went both ways twice!! EL only has bunkers hill?? The rest looks about right.

Oh and the Garf did it again. After racking up a few more "HUB" scalps the other day at Bela Bela (DaveM http://1.1.1.5/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) , he also won the prize trophy of the BradWentzel. http://1.1.1.1/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.png

I chose to donate it to you and run with the missus instead... :whistling:

Besides, its all about the bike anyway...

Comparative Stats

As per Garmin 310xt

Swim 2.37km!? :eek: Whats up with that (def not keen on an extra 400+metres on the swim). Or did you battle to swim in straight lines maybe? :whistling:

Swim 2.37km!? :eek: Whats up with that (def not keen on an extra 400+metres on the swim). Or did you battle to swim in straight lines maybe? :whistling:

I did swim a bit all over the place but from what I have heard the swim distance was a tad longer. I think the distance includes the run to transition.

Well done to all our athletes!

The Results are up pn our website including split times.

Thanks for that comparative Simhen, Our bike is exactly 3.06km short (Garmin & Timex measured) short and this is due to the MASSIVE hill just past the turn point. However its within the 5% variation allowance. The run route is harder then it looks, beacuse its undulating.... but its an honest running course.

Anyway well to done to all competitors. Look out for a bigger and better Series in 2013. We have some exciting plans ahead.

If you have any constructive comments and feedback, please email us: info@midlandsultra.com

Rest those legs this week and hope to see you on the 3rd of March 2013.

Cheers

Damian, Caryn and the B-Active Team

Garf you silly boy. You won a prize but you were not there so they gave the prize to me instead :clap: Seriously you won a walk man of some sort must have been quite fancy because everyone wanted it. A few minutes later I won a pair of sunglasses and a R500 voucher for Troisport :thumbup: