Most comfortable MTB saddles

M L

Best MTB saddles  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What is/was your most comfortable saddle to date?

• Have chosen a saddle in the second list
    • Fizik Anteras
    • Fizik Arione
    • Fizik Gobi
    • Fizik Tundra
    • Sella Italia SL/SL flow
    • Sella Italia Gel flow
    • Koobi Sl Classic gel
    • Koobi Xenon
    • Specialized Sonoma
    • Specialized Milano
    • Specialized Phenom
    • Specialized Henge
    • San Marco Zoncolan
    • San Marco Caymano
    • San Marco Regal
    • Crank Brother iodine 11
    • Ritchey WCS Biomax
    • Planet X superlight Team
  2. 2. And the list continues

• WTB speed v pro gel
    • WTB Pure v race
    • WTB Volt Race
    • WTB silverado Team
    • WTB Pure V Team
    • WTB Deva SLT
    • Have chosen a saddle in the first list
    • Bontrager evoke
    • Fizik Zeak
    • Prologo Nago evo plus
    • Selle Italia SLR

I have been using my father's scott road saddle on my hard tail for about a year. Haven't had problems yet. It is quite hard though but I enjoy it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how the cheap saddles are so lekker. Never again will I pay upwards of R800 for a saddle.

Edited by wheelerdealer

i think the problem with this poll and the question is the missing information: what width was the saddle. More and more, it seems the answer is not in the love-channel, or how much padding, but rather the width which is key to supporting the sit bones.

But please add Prologo Nago Evo Plus (141mm) to that list.

Has anybody found that saddles are bike specific too, I use the Planet X on my Mtb and its great so I tried it in my road bike and it was horrible, I had to go back to the fizik arione.

I broke my Planet X and they aren't bringing the brand into SA anymore so now I ride fizik arione on my Mtb too

Edited by udxcob

I got my 29er today and it has a fizik tundra 00 on. Had a fizik on my roadbike once and it was not bad. Does anybody here have experience with the tundra 00?

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Agree with Dr Snuggles. Here is a good read on saddles as well.

can pretty much tick all those boxes in the list of typical complaints Mr S Brown lists in that article. Thanks for the link Jacquers.

What I've found, and only during the long rides, was the typical discomfort, and moving around on the saddle seemed to help quite a bit, especially with the soft bits between the sit bones. It was then that i was wondering if the sit bone support was non-existent/non-optimal. Some googling highlighted the oft overlooked saddle width situation, and if one goes through the list of saddles of almost any manufacturer, there doesnt seem to be much choice: it's pretty much one size to fit all, whether it actually fits or not.

but as per the article, there are other factors to take into account along with width. But starting with width is the more important one as the other aspects, eg fore-aft position can be easily accommodated for simply be undoing a few screws. When it comes to width, it means forking out for a new saddle. Not quite the same price-performance ratio when compared to undoing a few screws.