Stafford

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what about under the power lines ?

nice slope and plenty space .

the line is just out of sight at the very bottom of the pic .

I think that is the best option in that area..

My vote goes to building the jumps in the Modders mtb park - the guys are really approachable and can be found most times at the ticket tent on Sat and Sun morning.

Sure it goes against the secret nature of jump lines but this way you know they won't be ripped down and you won't be sued ;-)

Nice. I have a friend who lives around the corner there. Let us know if you get it up and running.

Np,soon as i get a chance.Maybe shud have started it when it was raining.Soil hard and dry,can maybe run a hosepipe from mates garden,might take fair amount of water tho.Will start to scrape a noob line,& we can see from there.Guys can grow & add to it. :thumbup:

My vote goes to building the jumps in the Modders mtb park - the guys are really approachable and can be found most times at the ticket tent on Sat and Sun morning. Sure it goes against the secret nature of jump lines but this way you know they won't be ripped down and you won't be sued ;-)

Ye FREE is better ,but i hear what u saying.Still need to find modders park,lastime i looked directions where bad.

+ id dig something right in my hood, a blocks pedal away :clap:

My vote goes to building the jumps in the Modders mtb park - the guys are really approachable and can be found most times at the ticket tent on Sat and Sun morning.

Sure it goes against the secret nature of jump lines but this way you know they won't be ripped down and you won't be sued ;-)

As long as they build a novice and an intermediate line too with some small to medium table tops with long landings and small gap jumps. If not, even your fairly skilled xc trail riders won't attempt the jumps because they tend to be for the dj crowd only. And then very little skill development happens.

Its like trying to teach differential equations to grade 7's.

Np,soon as i get a chance.Maybe shud have started it when it was raining.Soil hard and dry,can maybe run a hosepipe from mates garden,might take fair amount of water tho.Will start to scrape a noob line,& we can see from there.Guys can grow & add to it. :thumbup:

That's what I'm talking about.

:thumbup:

An interesting read:

http://www.joburgnew...nov26_sizwe.stm

This is the reason some of the land has never been developed. I enjoy riding and running there but would not be so keen to take a spade and start digging.

I thought that was on the southern side only?? Not there by the main road, I've seen the graves. They close to the woolworths.

What do you guys call the Hurlingham line?

Just Hurlingham.. hahaha!

but yeah, those jumps are more DH style. And the 10m is currently a bit overgrown. Still a fun line though

Thanks guys, just sux that we gotta travel.... would be great if the oaks in the east had a bit of their own space too.

There are already some killer dirt jumps on the East Rond at the Vlei in Boksburg.

Hey guys could i please ask, if we could arrange to get access to the lot next door to Stoneridge shopping center and perhaps establish an actual DJ park where we pay for entrance, more like MTN etc, would you guys be keen for something like that? the center management sounded fairly keen to do so but i would like to sus out the receptiveness from you guys first.

Hey guys could i please ask, if we could arrange to get access to the lot next door to Stoneridge shopping center and perhaps establish an actual DJ park where we pay for entrance, more like MTN etc, would you guys be keen for something like that? the center management sounded fairly keen to do so but i would like to sus out the receptiveness from you guys first.

Sure its not gonna be developed soon??

Well cente management have a meeting with the landlord tomorrow and they will only be able to give that sort of feedback by cob tomorrow. In any event hypothetically speaking, would u guys be interested?

Forgot about the Hurlingham line and the Boksburg line.

Sorry Fairy and Daaaavvvvi

Forgot about the Hurlingham line and the Boksburg line.

Sorry Fairy and Daaaavvvvi

yeah... you've totally abandoned your tech line (or my face-plant line) :lol:

Nice. I have a friend who lives around the corner there. Let us know if you get it up and running.

I also live just around the corner, cleaned up the cement area a few weeks ago to practice trials on.

I know the little birdy that organized 20 trucks to be dumped there.

They where spose to develop the land thats why they kicked us out.

post-4310-0-18873800-1338224496.jpg

post-4310-0-34911400-1338224647.jpg

Edited by Peach.