Cracked Bianchi

M L

So when I took off my BB to take my frame to a interested buyer I noticed crack just on the outside of the arch. Bought the frame about 1 and a half month back from Connie on the hub. Never been on a carbon frame before I thought the mark was normal. maybe just a scratch. So It was sold cracked. 100% sure about that.

So sending connie a pm as well. But highly doubt connie will give me a refund. So anybody had any luck with contacting Bianchi and getting or paying in on a new frame?

Its a 2009 oetzi. 26" mtb frame.

HEEELP!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, well connie says he bought it from a shop second hand for the frame. He said he will contact them.

ok ,

this is gonna be tough bud , he bought second hand , you bought it from him and so on .

if you dont come right with some sort of warranty then just get it repaired .

looks like chainsuck did the dammage but thats just a guess.

All the best .

GoshI really hope Connie does the right thing and refund me. Well for R2500 I should have known it's too good to be true.

repairing it will cost on the other side of R1500...want a 29er so cutting my losses will be better. Either connie will do the right thing or I will sell it for like R1300 or so and move on. Not making the mistake again of buying without viewing. Or at least asking for 10 pics before I do an eft...

The only recourse you have is to use the seller rating system on the hub.

That's about it though.

Stiffs.

Let me just add here connie is trying to sort this out with the cycle shop. Trust that he didn't see the crack and was selling it under the impression that it was in crackless condition.

I should have had more knowledge of carbon fibre and call him when I noticed there was a possible fall or crack that bothered me.

Who built the bike for you?Did they not see it?

You rode the bike for 6 weeks and now only want to take action?

OK my kant van die BIANCHI FAME.

1) Ek het die frame saam met n FOX RLT shock by n hubber op "THE HUB " gekoop.

2) Ek sou onmiddelik die kraak gesien het en die verkopper gekontak het en daaoor ingelig het .

3) Ek ken my frames en onderdele so sou dit raak gesien het want voor ek dit weer verkoop maak ek dit persoonlike skoon en kyk of dit werk of reg is.

4) Weeledealer het die frame opgebou en langer as n maand gery? As dit n kraak in die carbon was moes ek en hy dit opgetel toe hy die bike opgebou het.Nou na n maand sien hy dit en beweer dit was daar.

5) As ek na die foto's kyk blyk dit of dit n klip hou by die las is waar frame gelas is.

6) Ek probeer nie enige verskoonings soek nie maar nou na n maand se gebruik moet ek verantwoordelikheid neem vir n 2de hanse

carbon frame.Dit kan mos enigetyd gebeur het en ek sou daardie spesefieke merk onmiddeluk raak gegien het.

Ek weet verseker dat die merk of kraak soos beweer nie daar was nie.

Ek streef daarna om almal wat iets by my koop net die beste vir hulle te gee.

caveat emptor comes to mind...

tough lesson this! is person to person second hand deals not 'as is' by default? Great if seller tries to rectify, but in my mind no obligation on his side to do so.

Nope if the buyer picked it up upon receipt and informed the seller then yes, but a month after the fact then nope. Tough loss but hey it could have been a 10k frame, so dropping 2.5k down the toilet is not the worst thing.

Nope if the buyer picked it up upon receipt and informed the seller then yes, but a month after the fact then nope. Tough loss but hey it could have been a 10k frame, so dropping 2.5k down the toilet is not the worst thing.

That's not something that you can miss,you are working there when you put the BB in.