Fark you Mr or Mrs MP

TiBones

What i find strange is that all the MPs and the mayors have a escourt...WHY?

I can see Mr Pres,his deputy and the Cabinet ministers needing it but why all the rest of them?

French PM has 2 cars in his convoy,Lux PM has 2 cars,German PM has 2 cars and Grand Duke of Lux has 2 motor bikes and his Audi A6.When any of the African leaders are in Europe it's a nightmare to get all their guards sorted out.

Even the previous goverment did not go through all this. PM + 2 was standard and it was unmarked vehicles. You would normally not even spot them.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the previous goverment did not go through all this. PM + 2 was standard and it was unmarked vehicles. You would normally not even spot them.

Right there, that is an interesting comment! Less attention or more, what are they going for? I think America went through the same crisis, choosing between lots of attention or none! Well look what it got them, now the presidential joggers have to clear the track in front of the prez.. only difference in SA, they are wiping his rear!

Give them time... The novelty may wear off. :unsure:

They are all trying to show that their totties are bigger than Zuma's. Also had problems with z massive bunch of blue light ****ers in the M1 north in Jhb tonight :-( grrr...

I worked protection for 2 presidents one in the old SA and one in the new SA and people never new who was in the car.Like you say you didn't even know it was a VIP.I was sent to the old Transkei when the SAP and Transkei police joined and i had to protect the Transkei police Commisioner and then Oom Ray Mahlaba and what a shock that was,the guys there rode on open bakkies with blue lghts and R5 on the back.They would shoot at the cars wheels that didn't give way for them.Now those guys on the back of those bakkies are the VIP commanders so guess where it's going.

See them on Ben Schoeman N1 regularly...... Never seen them misbehave.... Are you guys not exaggerating a bit .....mmmmmmm?????

Guest Frail4Life

Seen them last Wednesday morning. Leaving the cheap Table Bay Hotel @ 09h00. Then yesterday going into CT @ 16h45. Picture 3 lanes. I am in the middle lane. So Metro cop drives up in fast lane with the cowbows in chase. The cowboys can NOT drive behind each other? They MUST Force themselves between the VIP and the public as they pass pushing public to move over, middle to left.

What i find strange is that all the MPs and the mayors have a escourt...WHY?

I can see Mr Pres,his deputy and the Cabinet ministers needing it but why all the rest of them?

French PM has 2 cars in his convoy,Lux PM has 2 cars,German PM has 2 cars and Grand Duke of Lux has 2 motor bikes and his Audi A6.When any of the African leaders are in Europe it's a nightmare to get all their guards sorted out.

Seven Beemers (X5s? - I don't know cars) if it's the deputy. Add a Vito (ambulance?) when JZ pulls in. There are always pointsmen on hand at the corner of President (hehe) and Sauer if the bigwigs are expected at Luthuli House.

Right there, that is an interesting comment! Less attention or more, what are they going for? I think America went through the same crisis, choosing between lots of attention or none! Well look what it got them, now the presidential joggers have to clear the track in front of the prez.. only difference in SA, they are wiping his rear!

Give them time... The novelty may wear off. :unsure:

That it will. There is a review of "chaffeur services" in many provinces and in national government at the moment.

This is the Presidential Palace in Suriname.

It has a 600mm high stone wall in front to protect it from a busy public road - nothing else.

Why are our leaders afraid of those who elect them?

post-63-0-46191200-1338259299.jpg

It has a 600mm high stone wall in front to protect it from a busy public road - nothing else.

I think the answer is in that question.

Maybe they carry SPEARS

Well a few years ago the high fences, all three of them, surrounding the Cape residence were keeping the dope bushes safe!!?? Anyone remember that article? They grew in pots, 40 of them, undisturbed from public inquisition... apparently the finest species. It was that new cop, the one with ambition who turned them in, seems he was not briefed. He is still on bobby-on-the-beat duty in the flats. Now they stand to lose their bar-stocked joy-ride to work too? What is SA coming to??!!

Heard the Bloem party was a real drag without the presidential stash!

Edited by Pain or Shine

See them on Ben Schoeman N1 regularly...... Never seen them misbehave.... Are you guys not exaggerating a bit .....mmmmmmm?????

No....

My bags are packed, my tickets are in hand, but most importantly......my bike bag reads "Deliver me from the Spear brigade". Won't be seeing those in Europe or Miami.....or any FIRST world country my new employer decides to send me to, with my bike!

So long Spear fisheries!

Just following the advise of our Minsiter of Home Affairs......"if you don't like it, leave"!

Ciao!

See you in Nov. for the Wine2Whales

May for the Sani2C

April for Joburg2C

And any other awesome rides to bring my $$$$'s to come and enjoy. :clap: :whistling:

I did this in 2006 and 2007. Just dont make the same mistake I did and come back cause you missing family and friends. Make sure you sell everything before you leave. Do not try to make it easy just in case you decide to come back. If you do come back you will realize in time it was the biggest mistake you ever made. You have been warned. I wish you good luck.