[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB 2012

Robertson Winery MTB

Event Name: Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB 2012
When: 9 June 2012
Where: Paru Farm, Robertson (10km out on McGregor Road), Western Cape
Category: MTB

DATE: Saturday 9 June 2011

ORGANISER: Robertson Winery

VENUE: Paru Farm, Robertson (10km out on McGregorRd)

DISTANCES AND STARTING TIMES:

• 42km @ 08h00

• 29km @ 08h30

• 12km @ 08h50

PRIZE GIVING/CUT OFF: 12h00

PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE: 7 June 2011

ONLINE ENTRIES: www.pedalpower.org.za

ENQUIRIES: Annalize Cooper on 072 596 3976 or 021 883 8043 or Email:

annalize@robertsonwine.co.za

ROUTE DESCRIPTION: The 42km and 29km route riders can look forward to ascenic ride through the vineyards and over undulating hills in the RobertsonValley. The 42km route is a rewarding route for fit riders, as this routeincludes challenging and technical climbs and descents. Only experienced ridersshould attempt the long route (see 42km race profile on reverse). The 29kmroute, on the other hand, is a pleasant meander through vineyards and over mildhills and is not as technical as the 42km route. Expect a combination of jeepand single track sections on both. The 12km short route consists only of jeeptracks and is suitable for children and novices.

NOTES: This funride forms part of the Wacky WineWeekend Festival in Robertson. Each participant older than 18 will receive abottle of Robertson wine or grape juice. Participants younger than 18 willreceive a bottle of Robertson grape juice. All children u/10 must beaccompanied by an adult.

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE: From Robertson, take the McGregorturn-off. Cross over the Breede River, and take the leftfork to McGregor. Continue for about 7km, and then turn left on the gravel road(PARU). Continue for a further 2km along the grave road and turn left to ParuFarm.

One hour and forty minutes from Cape Town.

REMEMBER TO WEAR YOUR PPA FUNRIDE NUMBER

LOADS OF LUCKY DRAW PRIZES

Go to Event Page

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

We are nearly ready for the Robertson Winery Wacky Wine MTB 2012!

Last year was such a fun event and we can't wait to see everyone again this year.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the event.

We'll have hot drinks and toasted sarmies for sale before the race as well as burgers and hot dogs for after the event. There will also be a kiddies table for the little ones!

Stick around after the race for the lucky draw to win some cool stuff.

Hi everyone!

We are nearly ready for the Robertson Winery Wacky Wine MTB 2012!

Last year was such a fun event and we can't wait to see everyone again this year.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the event.

We'll have hot drinks and toasted sarmies for sale before the race as well as burgers and hot dogs for after the event. There will also be a kiddies table for the little ones!

Stick around after the race for the lucky draw to win some cool stuff.

What about a nice hot shower afterwards, Cape Town is long way back to drive all dusty, sticky & dirty?

Hi Topwine. I've struggled a bit to get the profiles uploaded but they are up. I'll see if I can upload the Google map as well.

What about just a garmin or map file?

Hi Topwine. I've struggled a bit to get the profiles uploaded but they are up. I'll see if I can upload the Google map as well.

Uhm am I blond, I cant seem to find the profiles? Please let me know, cant wait for race day

Hi Slappies. It should be below the event information. There should be 3 profiles and a Google Earth map of the 42km. Let me know if i should email it to you.

Hi Slappies. It should be below the event information. There should be 3 profiles and a Google Earth map of the 42km. Let me know if i should email it to you.

hi,the 29km, how many meters do we climb? would really appreciate the info, not to clever with the whole map story... :blush: baie dankie!

hi,the 29km, how many meters do we climb? would really appreciate the info, not to clever with the whole map story... :blush: baie dankie!

581m.........Can I say it again.....581m :eek: and it seems like its gonna be a wet one as well. Interesting time ahead!!

How good is the drainage of the route? I see we're in for a lot of rain on Thursday and Friday, but Saturday looks good!

Looks like we'll have some rain on Thursday and on Friday morning but Saturday and Sunday will be nice and sunny. The drainage is quite good but there will be some muddy areas to negotiate. We'll also have hot showers afterward to wash a bit of the mud and dust away!

Always a good event and as far as I can remember it has always rained in the day or two before. So nothing new. I'm expecting a great event again and looking forward to seeing everybody there again.