Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Ryan.

the 29er is a oneTen, the 650 is a OneTwenty, as per conversation and emails with Patrick.

G

Interesting... Wonder if that's why it's happier with the 140mm front? Edited by Ryanpmb

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing, in AM configuration with a 140 or a trail/xc bike with a matching 120 front and back

G

Interesting... Wonder if that's why it's happier with the 140mm front?

I'm guessing, in AM configuration with a 140 or a trail/xc bike with a matching 120 front and back

G

Yeah. Makes sense. More trail/ marathon than XC in the 120mm setup I'd say. Interested to hear your owners review :)

Ryan

well I loved the ride last wknd.

thinking my riding this side will suit the bike perfectly.

will gladly do a review, now to just eat the last set of fingers and wait for those China's to complete the manufacture process.

G

Yeah. Makes sense. More trail/ marathon than XC in the 120mm setup I'd say. Interested to hear your owners review smile.png

Ryan

well I loved the ride last wknd.

thinking my riding this side will suit the bike perfectly.

will gladly do a review, now to just eat the last set of fingers and wait for those China's to complete the manufacture process.

G

Haha. Been there. Worth the wait.

Picked this up today.... (sorry for the crapberry pics)

post-3056-0-03510800-1354655504_thumb.jpg

And here she is partly built up. Just need the hubs to come through from Superstar (need to order them still) and ideally I'd like a Lyrik up front, but that will take time. Saddle is just a preliminary option (stolen from my wife's bike) and the grips need replacing.

post-3056-0-45733700-1354655506_thumb.jpg

post-3056-0-88245400-1354655508_thumb.jpg

Otherwise, spec:

Giant Reign X 2010 (6.7" / 170mm Maestro suspension goodness)

FOX DHX 5 Air shock

Revelation TEAM fork

SRAM X0 Redwin Red & grippies

Brave Monster 760mm bar (15mm rise)

Kore B1B 35mm stem

Elixir 5 brakeset

Goodridge Cable kit for shifters

SHUN crankset & Truvativ bash / chain guide

Spank Subrosa wheels on Superstar Tech Evo hubs (32h)

Guest Omega Man

Picked this up today.... (sorry for the crapberry pics)

post-3056-0-03510800-1354655504_thumb.jpg

And here she is partly built up. Just need the hubs to come through from Superstar (need to order them still) and ideally I'd like a Lyrik up front, but that will take time. Saddle is just a preliminary option (stolen from my wife's bike) and the grips need replacing.

post-3056-0-45733700-1354655506_thumb.jpg

post-3056-0-88245400-1354655508_thumb.jpg

Otherwise, spec:

Giant Reign X 2010 (6.7" / 170mm Maestro suspension goodness)

FOX DHX 5 Air shock

Revelation TEAM fork

SRAM X0 Redwin Red & grippies

Brave Monster 760mm bar (15mm rise)

Kore B1B 35mm stem

Elixir 5 brakeset

Goodridge Cable kit for shifters

SHUN crankset & Truvativ bash / chain guide

Spank Subrosa wheels on Superstar Tech Evo hubs (32h)

Super sick. You've made a wise choice there. Someone I know has one and absolutely loves it.

I hope you are getting the acid green hubs from superstar and a nice set of green ESI or similar in green grips?

CPT ... she is going to look good, congrats on the purchase!

yep. techno lime green hubs. Then green or black grips. Got grippies, so green and black on a white bar may be stretching it a bit

yep. techno lime green hubs. Then green or black grips. Got grippies, so green and black on a white bar may be stretching it a bit

That ride is so "pimp" you could do anything to it and it would still look good

what's with the shrink wrapping on the seatpost collar?

looks like an inner tjoop section with held by insulation tape. assume it's to keep the mud out.

Ordered two more sets of carbon rims on Tuesday. Tubeless-ready, 30mm outer width, 32h, 3k weave, glossy, 390g +/- 10g, $165. (Link)

They'll be just like the ones on my Tallboy, just 3k instead of 12k:

post-32658-0-63351500-1354784666_thumb.jpg

The new rims will replace the Crests on our two Storms. Hopefully they'll be just as nice as the first set! I plan on doing a review on these rims once we've had some saddle-time with all three sets.

But for now, we wait. sad.png These rims are proving so popular that the lead time is now a whopping 15 days. Add shipping and customs delays and, well, they probably won't get to me before the new year...

very pretty

and on what will these go/

G

Ordered two more sets of carbon rims on Tuesday. Tubeless-ready, 30mm outer width, 32h, 3k weave, glossy, 390g +/- 10g, $165. (Link)

They'll be just like the ones on my Tallboy, just 3k instead of 12k:

post-32658-0-63351500-1354784666_thumb.jpg

The new rims will replace the Crests on our two Storms. Hopefully they'll be just as nice as the first set! I plan on doing a review on these rims once we've had some saddle-time with all three sets.

But for now, we wait. sad.png These rims are proving so popular that the lead time is now a whopping 15 days. Add shipping and customs delays and, well, they probably won't get to me before the new year...