Liquigas and Saxo Bank to merge in 2013?

Like-A-Boss

This is not helping the sport, less teams for riders to go too. We will see more european teams in the peleton.

Maybe even an African Team?

It costs a small fortune to keep a Pro Team running and the companies just don't have the extra money to spare.I have heard around 5 million euro mentioned for one of the teams.

I think it's a good venture. I mean my 2 of my favorite teams joining forces to make a super team! It's too bad Contador can't contribute any uci points!!! As long as they keep the schlecks away from this team i'm for the merge.

Contador is going to my team!!!!

Quickstep

Seriously? If so then I also found a new favorite team :whistling:

Seriously? If so then I also found a new favorite team :whistling:

Not for definite, maar waar daar n rokie is, is daar n vuurtjie!!

Liquigas is exiting at the end of the season :-0

Saxobank can do with some improvement in their squad.

Seems like a win:win.

Imagine Basso as a super domestique to the potent and resurgent 'Berto!

They've raced together for CSC, albeit for a short while and reputedly quite cool with each other.

Hmmm...

Edited by Puncheur

I think it's a good venture. I mean my 2 of my favorite teams joining forces to make a super team! It's too bad Contador can't contribute any uci points!!! As long as they keep the schlecks away from this team i'm for the merge.

Question... do you think super teams really work? They always seem to promise so much but just flake out on ego and lack of one true leader.

Was thinking back to the old 'superband' concepts that were frankly weak, the aussies vs the rest of the world cricket series that was totally embarrassing and the all singing and dancing promise of the Schlecks....

Discuss (not flame).

Question... do you think super teams really work? They always seem to promise so much but just flake out on ego and lack of one true leader.

Was thinking back to the old 'superband' concepts that were frankly weak, the aussies vs the rest of the world cricket series that was totally embarrassing and the all singing and dancing promise of the Schlecks....

Discuss (not flame).

As long as the whole team knows the predetermined team leader and what their roles are within the team.

You won't be able to place contador with the Schlecks as they love attention OR you dont want to put him with a team that's been a "sprinters team" either

Although some teams are good at having both - Sky with Cav and Wiggins.

Also i don't think Boonen would like Contador to join Quickstep....

Liquigas is exiting at the end of the season :-0

Saxobank can do with some improvement in their squad.

Seems like a win:win.

Imagine Basso as a super domestique to the potent and resurgent 'Berto!

They've raced together for CSC, albeit for a short while and reputedly quite cool with each other.

Hmmm...

Yeah, why not, imagine a super team of druggie's.

Looks like only the mergers will carry on till 3 to 5 teams dominate everyting.

Saxo-Cannondale?

:-)