2012 94.7

Agteros

The route will be slightly shorter than last year (and no St Andrews hill). The route now goes off the highway at Joe Slovo (the Wilds) and then on to the M1.

This cuts out the loop around the hospital who had issues getting doctors, staff and patents into the hospital.

Now the route is about 94Kms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The route will be slightly shorter than last year (and no St Andrews hill). The route now goes off the highway at Joe Slovo (the Wilds) and then on to the M1.

This cuts out the loop around the hospital who had issues getting doctors, staff and patents into the hospital.

Now the route is about 94Kms

plays into the hands of my 2:45 goal :) other than that little hill :ph34r:

Did a 3hour 20 last year... Started in Group R... Will like a a sub 3 hour this year. Good Luck!!!

also going for a sub 3 hour this year, did a 3:27 from Group X

Same here, did 3:15 last year. This will be my 5th. Have so far better my previous year's time by 15-20 min, so sub 3 is next goal.

• 2 weeks later...

Officially entered and unofficial leave of absence/no objection certificate from the Missus secured.

Looking to take 28 minutes of my last years time. Training full steam ahead!

Basket, mudguards, chainguard... the usual kinda stuff ;)

post-28936-0-20150000-1338887765.jpg

I still beat you with weight lol.... Over 45kg with 3 gears. My toolbox weighs 5kg alone as I need a 27 Spanner to take my wheel off incase of a puncture lol

This year on my racer going for my 3rd Sub 3 I am tired of the long rides on the tricycle...

I want to break the 2:45 mark or at least match it on this harder route if its the same as last year...

post-1280-0-88986500-1340705699.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a look at my starting group from last year. The guy who came first was 57 minutes quicker than me :blush: and his in age group 65-69 (I'm hoping that was somehow a mistake) making me somewhere half his age. :blush: :blush: He was only second in his age group as well. :cursing:

If that's right he must've rode a killer time trial as his beaten off some in his age group who started from VG down to Group F!

Edited by Androni Giocattoli

First 94.7 for me and with an aim of raising some awareness and money for our charity bond "Cycling for pathways" I'll be doing the mtb, 40km and the full race on both weekends.

I rode 2h40 last year, from group C and 2h29 in 2009 (on restricted gears as a licensed junior.) So this year I'm aiming for a 2h30, fingers crossed. :D

Does anybody know of a way I can improve my starting time? I haven't ridden a race in over two years and am unseeded, but my previous 94.7 times were all in the sub 2.45's. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can improve my starting time? Thank you for any feedback. Good luck to everybody racing

Does anybody know of a way I can improve my starting time? I haven't ridden a race in over two years and am unseeded, but my previous 94.7 times were all in the sub 2.45's. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can improve my starting time? Thank you for any feedback. Good luck to everybody racing

enter this: http://www.raceforvictory.co.za/

I'll be wheelie'ing the whole route this year on my black plastic motorbike.

Join The Cows charity group and enter as part of their racing group. Automatic VD batch start, no matter if you are unseeded

Join The Cows charity group and enter as part of their racing group. Automatic VD batch start, no matter if you are unseeded

you will need to be able to do a sub 3 ride to join the cows' racing group