Dual Suss 26er or 29er??

Dogfish

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to the world of mountain biking and have been hooked in and now fear for my marriage!! :mellow:

I am currently riding a Scott scale 29er and really enjoy it but looking to upgrade to dual suspension as a hard tail doesn't really suit my riding.(or so i have convinced myself). XC and Single track...The question is 26er or 29er? on my budget it will be a lot easier to get a well spec'ed secondhand or even new 26er than an equally well spec'ed 29er. What would you seasoned campaigners be able to advise me on?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Purchase what your budget allows and what you are comfortable riding, try to get on a few prior to making the decision. Either way enjoy the ride.

Second hand 26ers are going at bargain rates as every one is moving onto the naainers.

Second hand 26ers are going at bargain rates as every one is moving onto the naainers.

I saw that , you can pick up some bad ass 26 DS bikes 2nd hand

I saw that , you can pick up some bad ass 26 DS bikes 2nd hand

Yip, just picked up a good dual sus (under a year old) at a ridiculous price :)

Edit: gave too much info

Edited by Smolster

so that being said it would be wise to go the same route! its hard to ignore some of the bikes on offer!!

Depends how tall you are if u 5 11 or taller go niner if u short **** like me get a 26er, bottom line is ride what you comfortable on and what you can afford.

Depends how tall you are if u 5 11 or taller go niner if u short **** like me get a 26er, bottom line is ride what you comfortable on and what you can afford.

+1

Size matters,

I'm 5'6" and 62kgs

rushed across to a niner and although faster in the open, I really mis my 26 dual, and if I had some cash I would definately get a 5-6inch travel 26er

affordable 29 inch softail !!

http://www.axis-bike...on/a-40-fs-29er

http://www.axis-bikes.com/images/bikes/a-40-fs-29er_detail.jpg

I am in the market for a dual suspension bike soon, I had a look at these Axis bikes, I thought they looked alright? Any reviews anywhere?

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to the world of mountain biking and have been hooked in and now fear for my marriage!! :mellow:

I am currently riding a Scott scale 29er and really enjoy it but looking to upgrade to dual suspension as a hard tail doesn't really suit my riding.(or so i have convinced myself). XC and Single track...The question is 26er or 29er? on my budget it will be a lot easier to get a well spec'ed secondhand or even new 26er than an equally well spec'ed 29er. What would you seasoned campaigners be able to advise me on?

Hi, the Scott scale 29 is a very nice bike. I don't see changing from a hard tail to duel is a upgrade but more a preference. I personally ride the Scott Scale 29 Pro (customised).

Awesome bike.

My view - see if you can test ride a 26 and 29 duel and make a decision.

Oh Dear. The old 29er vs 26er arguement... try both and whichever feels most comfy for you is best. some people find 29ers cumbersome but others claim they climb better. choose whichever works for you and your riding style.