What's up with all the newbies?

Hairy

ok ok...

Hi my name is Ian.

I like road bikes, only been cycling again for the last three years, however used to cycle in the mid eighties with my Le Turbo from Deal and Huth.

Mountain bikes did not exist, if you liked mud you tried Cyclo Cross.

It weighed 12 kg, used to see Mighty Mouse in my home town of Boksburg.

This new stuff you okes have is really cool like STis and plastic bikes.

Tubbies were too expensive just to throw away after they had punctures so i would open them up and repair them.

Shoes had nailed on cleats, and we used toe clips and straps.

I have bought off The Hub an old Bianchi and built up a Look KX light mostly from bits off the Hub.

Am I a newbie on the Hub, perhaps, been here for a while now, sorry for not introducing myself before.

We all happy now ?

Perfectly.

You may get off the couch now. Time is up.

Hope you have found yourself.

See you next week.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey its a free forum and website. There's nothing to stop people doing whatever they like, whether its selling stuff after one post or moaning about it after 8 pages...

I have not read all 13 pages but in the few posts I did read there is something I do fully agree with and that is the lack of detail and effort that some people put into their adverts.

You are trying to sell something FFS, so at least take the time and effort to ensure you grab the interest of those looking through the ads. Give ALL relevant info and take some decent photos of the goods being sold. Not doing so is wasting the buyer's, and your own, time as you are inevitably going to be asked these questions and for pictures anyway.

Edited by Clint_ZA

Hi Guys

Myself and "solly87" are fairly new to the hub.....

We have been riding together for just over a year now and i have been riding for about 4 years...

We live in CT and we ride together every Sat and Sun morning, i meet him in claremont and we go thru to camps bay, have coffee and then shoot back to the southern suburbs along beach road through waterfont and then from town we take the main road back home again so it makes it about 60+ kms...some mornings(if we feeling good) we cycle to town, then through to Table View along the MyCiti bus route and then back along marine drive and through to Camps Bay, and then back home the usual way, which is about 90 odd kms...

My point is we are only 2 guys and are looking for more cyclists from southern suburbs who do some nice early morning rides on weekends and maybe quick 30-40km rides some week nights??

If anyone has a group and wont mind us riding with them, or would like to join us please get in touch...

Thanks guys...