What's up with all the newbies?

Hairy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt get to ready hairy's post, he can be so .... expressive.

Thanks, I think!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vJTL6fMuiKA/TaiiRnRxqkI/AAAAAAAAAAs/Z78_KuT4LfY/s1600/POSTER.jpg

Its an interesting one. My dad for example has been reading the hub for years, he just doesn't post. He has a fork that he wants to sell and thought about using the hub. I mentioned to him that people wouldn't trust someone with no posts.

Its an interesting one. My dad for example has been reading the hub for years, he just doesn't post. He has a fork that he wants to sell and thought about using the hub. I mentioned to him that people wouldn't trust someone with no posts.

And I have told your dad I will advertise it for him, but he said he's daughter would surely do that curtsy for him..... :whistling:

You could sell it for him ;)

Hairy i had a gem of my own last night, some dude, advertised a wheelset with mid level hubs and "unbranded" rims, so i commented and said there is no such thing as an unbranded rim, what are they trying to do sell alex rims with semi decent hubs.

Then i started getting PM's from his MOMMY! and wow can that women swear, she has to work on her grammar a bit but lol i had fun pm'ing back and forth last night, i even had my girlfriend in tears laughing next me.

To add my 50c.

I responded to an add on the hub that was too good to be true and from a zero poster. Funny thing, it ended up being true. So I got a very pretty cannondale with mavic slr wheelset for a very very good price!

Not all is bs. Sometimes it pays to take a chance.

To add my 50c.

I responded to an add on the hub that was too good to be true and from a zero poster. Funny thing, it ended up being true. So I got a very pretty cannondale with mavic slr wheelset for a very very good price!

Not all is bs. Sometimes it pays to take a chance.

Good on you then.

You recon it was a steal of a price or a fair price?

Good on you then.

You recon it was a steal of a price or a fair price?

Definitely a steal of a price! And all was legit as the seller gave me the original invoice as I would hate to buy a stolen bike!

I don't see this as a problem. If someone has been around for a few years and doesn't see the need to "flush their toilet" on the hub with a whole lot of cr@p in threads they may have an idea of how the hub works.

It's more the git who joins today and posts an ad today that is taken from an online brochure that is more annoying.

I initially joined the hub to sell a bike before I had any postings, the buyer was/is happy and I got sucked in...

I don't see this as a problem. If someone has been around for a few years and doesn't see the need to "flush their toilet" on the hub with a whole lot of cr@p in threads they may have an idea of how the hub works.

It's more the git who joins today and posts an ad today that is taken from an online brochure that is more annoying.

I initially joined the hub to sell a bike before I had any postings, the buyer was/is happy and I got sucked in...

That is what prompted me to start the thread

and then you get posts like these,

http://www.thehubsa....ur-xtrxt-setup/

Just wondering if thats a 1972 model? ok ok more like a 2005 model, but seriously 14k, for a bike that was designed 7 years ago, with xt parts and what looks to be the original stock rims?

Edited by covie

And then there this one:

www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/index.php?app=hubmarket&do=view_item&item_id=31303

And then there this one:

www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/index.php?app=hubmarket&do=view_item&item_id=31303

cant they atleast get their terminology right.