Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

@Dale

Today's profile please ??

Sprinters' day, Cyclewizz.

Hope Sagan gets his bike lunge right.

Hopefully, he learned from Master Greipel.

Dunno how much effort the Rainbow Jersey will put into this. This profile suits him just fine.

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2012/1500/PROFIL.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sprinters' day, Cyclewizz.

Hope Sagan gets his bike lunge right.

Hopefully, he learned from Master Greipel.

Dunno how much effort the Rainbow Jersey will put into this. This profile suits him just fine.

Will Wiggo lead him out? :whistling:

@wiggo

Rule #50

// Facial hair is to be carefully regulated.

No full beards, no moustaches. Goatees are permitted only if your name starts with “Marco” and ends with “Pantani”, or if your head is intentionally or unintentionally bald. One may never shave on the morning of an important race, as it saps your virility, and you need that to kick ass.

The guy in the Rainbow jersey is taking it easy. Yesterday he did some pacing to make sure everybody saw that he was still in the tour.

I think today will be Sagan or Gorilla.

The question is, how tired is Sagan after yesterday's stage ?

He even climbed like a mountain goat and the way he descends :eek: :eek: :eek:

He's been close the last 2 days so maybe he's hungry enough ???

The guy in the Rainbow jersey is taking it easy. Yesterday he did some pacing to make sure everybody saw that he was still in the tour.

I think today will be Sagan or Gorilla.

The question is, how tired is Sagan after yesterday's stage ?

He even climbed like a mountain goat and the way he descends :eek: :eek: :eek:

He's been close the last 2 days so maybe he's hungry enough ???

These young ones, I say, have so much (natural) testosterone.

What a racer!

I take it you aren't in the market for his new fred Perry range…

Read this: http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/

yes I saw that, loved the paragraph about the giant vagina. Fashion-wise, personally I'm not down with the chav cyclist look.

Actually I've always quite liked Wiggins, I just take exception to the way this tour is playing out.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

@ Dale. Saw a pair of those Ltd edition Leakygas Ergo's at CWC. Im not a big fan of white shoes but they seriously HOT!!

Edited by Super Mario

My money is on Cavendish for today. Sure if he takes it (and breaks the wins record) he will abandon and head for London. Will be tough though to beat Greipel or Sagan. He cannot follow Sagan's wheel as he won't be able to come around him. So fight for Greipel's wheel and jump at the right time is the key or perhaps a Sky train for him? Also wonder if Darryl has been given the nod to go for a win as it does not look like Goss can do the job this year.

My money is on Cavendish for today. Sure if he takes it (and breaks the wins record) he will abandon and head for London. Will be tough though to beat Greipel or Sagan. He cannot follow Sagan's wheel as he won't be able to come around him. So fight for Greipel's wheel and jump at the right time is the key or perhaps a Sky train for him? Also wonder if Darryl has been given the nod to go for a win as it does not look like Goss can do the job this year.

Cav is not leaving the tour. He has stated a number of times that it is too close to the Olympics and he sees it as one continuous build up, Sunday a win in Paris followed by Saturday in London.

Also think the tour has been boring the last few days. The sprinters provide more action then what I've seen in the hills. Cuddles tried again yesterday at the steep climb but that diesel engine of his will not drop Sagan on a hill and it's not because Sagan is that good. :ph34r:

I can't believe a guy like cuddles would opt out of going for it all guns blazing to instead protect his 4/5th position. What good is 4th to a guy who's been at the top?

Amazing how different our perceptions are. I have thoroughly enjoyed the tour so far, compulsive viewing for my mates and myself. So many cyclists I have spoken to have really enjoyed it.

Sagan, The Gorilla with 3 wins, the crashes, Sky power, Evans' feeble attempts to attack, Twiggo leading out EBH, EuroCar wins, TeeJay, Froome, LL Sanchez on Sunday. All riveting stuff.

Maybe it's PnP who are so goddam boring? Try EuroSport streaming, different event.

Cav is not leaving the tour. He has stated a number of times that it is too close to the Olympics and he sees it as one continuous build up, Sunday a win in Paris followed by Saturday in London.

Yes I thnk Cav will stick it our like he did in the Giro, although that was for the points jersey (lost by one point, or something like that)

Sunday's is going to be exciting finale. Cav vs Sagan vs Greipel ?

Maybe it's PnP who are so goddam boring? Try EuroSport streaming, different event.

Agreed: although Karlton can 'gaan aan' a bit. Sean Kelly is amazing, and David is incredibly knowledgeable about a lot of things. I do find they can chat through the action sometimes. Would also be nice to talk about who came 3rd, 4th., 5th etc.

Unless you're Darryl Impey who remembers 5th?

Goss might be in the Sunday sprint too, if not, what's he doing on the tour?

For once I just want to see him actually chase down an attack by Nibs or Cuddles.

Don't think that is ever going to happen. He put in a few in the Dauphine but it's not his style, he's TT, a pace rider and it's shown that way all race. People bang off the front and they are back in the bunch in 7 or 8 kms.

He's used to riding at a constant pace and can up that or down that over a distance, you won't see him sprinting off the front.It's all about managing the levels of lactic acid and operating at a level.

Don't think that is ever going to happen. He put in a few in the Dauphine but it's not his style, he's TT, a pace rider and it's shown that way all race. People bang off the front and they are back in the bunch in 7 or 8 kms.

He's used to riding at a constant pace and can up that or down that over a distance, you won't see him sprinting off the front.It's all about managing the levels of lactic acid and operating at a level.

I scheme he is tired. The season is taking its toll. Who knows what is going to happen in this week especially Wed, Thur....

It's all about managing the levels of lactic acid and operating at a level.

And he and his 3 helpers do that better than anyone before them has. Compare Sky to the way BMC was all over the place when Cadel tacked at the summit.