Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Gee. I quoted the source, and explicitly said who made the comment.

And you may step off of your high horse, and see that he was addressing a specific audience on a specific issue.

He wasn't commenting on the value a pro athlete adds to society, or comparing one chosen career with any other.

Geez, old fart, I expect more studied comment from you.

I am having a bad day, but irrespective, its a dumb comment, I stand by it.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky's dominance has been somewhat of a damper on the racing.

They cannot be blamed though.

Some reasons are:

1/ So called super teams in RNT and BMC just did not deliver on the hype and only appeared strong on paper.

2/ Those crashes that removed GC contenders like Hesjedal and Schleck from the sharp edge of the standings neutralized two good foes against Sky.

3/ Sagan's dominance in the Green Jersey, with Cav's servant role to yellow, also removed a lot of potential excitement.

4/ The ITT of more than 100kms and few summit finishes definitely took many climbers out of contention in a race where climbers stood good chance of reaching good GC positions.

Edited by ' Dale

Edit: Sky's dominance have....

(I think? )

:-)

You got it right the first time.

Damnit!

:-)

Also intended to write, under point 4, that climbers, HISTORICALLY, stood better chance.

(Excuse me - writing from my phone)

Anyone betting on Froome winning the TT today? If his ear-brake doesn't slow him down it might happen...

I'll sling a couple of zim dollars on that deal.

3 muscles make up the buttocks: Gluteus minimus, gluteus medius & gluteus maximus. After today's TT, I have none. Ripped them to shreds.

@MarkCavendish

Edited by TNT1

I wonder what people would have made of Merckx. '69 wins yellow, green and dotty shirts. '70 wins dotty and yellow, second in green. '71, yellow only. '72 yellow and green and second in dotty shirt.

And make no mistake, as much as he did, his team died for him.

I just wonder what these chaps commenting here would have said watching that with the half lidded eyes they watch, well, everything.

Why do you think they invented T20 and Sevens? Bird brain concentration levels followed by bird brain comments if no instant gratification.

No doubt PnP with their replay on 1996 with name changes contribute to any boredom factor. They are just so beyond pathetic.

I don't think I have ever seen this sort of disciplined performance by a TEAM before. And what is surprising, in every interview with a Sky guy, they all talk about the great set of guys they are riding with.

Anyone betting on Froome winning the TT today? If his ear-brake doesn't slow him down it might happen...

How will they slow him down if Brad starts after him? They haven't got a crystal ball.

They have to let him go as hard as possible in case Wiggins crashes out, would be counter productive and stupid to slow him. If he loses today its because he is slower.

How will they slow him down if Brad starts after him? They haven't got a crystal ball.

They have to let him go as hard as possible in case Wiggins crashes out, would be counter productive and stupid to slow him. If he loses today its because he is slower.

Well I've no idea what they will or won't say to him, but Wiggins starts only 3 minutes behind him so no need for crystal balls.

True but that would be pointless, checking time checks and calculating threats to yellow? More likely they will use Froome's times as reference to speed Wiggins up.

Well its all pretty irrelevant. Wiggo is quickest at the first time check. First under 17 mins