Riding races and not know how to change a tube

STRADA

I bunked Science that day

Okay let me take a go at trying to explain then. -273 Dec C is called Absolute Zero or 0 Deg on the Kelvin scale. It absolute because it cant get colder than that. Because temperature is actually the movement / vibration of Atoms/molecules, this is the 'Kinetic theory' of heat. Higher temp, more movement. But when they stop moving, that's it. That also the temperature when superconductivity takes place.

But you do have point about those cold bombs. I have a gizmo holder that is a plastic sheath / sleeve that protects you from that temperature plunge

Edited by kosmonooit

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you're riding tubeless carry a tube, it's not if you'll get a cut but rather when. I also like the flexhose adaptor for the bombs.

some even nutless..

Almost was... was happy with normal shorts until a female friend told me that cycling pants not only make it more comfortable but also support the generals.

Soon you may however be tubeless.........

One day... bit too expensive for me now

Okay let me take a go at trying to explain then. -273 Dec C is called Absolute Zero or 0 Deg on the Kelvin scale. It absolute because it cant get colder than that. Because temperature is actually the movement / vibration of Atoms, this is the 'Kinetic theory' of heat. Higher temp, more movement. But when they stop moving, that's it. That also the temperature when superconductivity takes place. But you do have point about those cold bombs. I have a gizmo holder that is a plastic sheath / sleeve that protects you from that temperature plunge

Mr Venter is that you...I promise it wasn't me that stole the potassium that blew up the boys toilets....promise

;)

But you do have point about those cold bombs. I have a gizmo holder that is a plastic sheath / sleeve that protects you from that temperature plunge

You can also cover them with pieces of old road tube.

Ok - What is a bomb?

And before the comments start flying... yes, I am a noob. Get over it :w00t:

Unless you are a hot girl we cannot help you.

4. Don't buy the spring-type inflators.

Could not agree more

Last week on the road bike the bomb was spluttering like cold butane so I took it off the bike and unscrewed the adapter to have a look.

BANG the adapter in bits shot across the road and I wa left holding a CO2 fizzer.The pin did not puncture properly.

Not sure what the fuss is about holding a cold bomb?

Must admit, I don't carry any spares, tubes etc. with me when I race... but I ride tubeless and have never, touch wood, had to change a tyre! :unsure:

I'm pretty sure I'd manage if the need arose... I may just need to ask for spares from a passer by... :whistling:

I'm sure there will be a que of people waiting to help you out :rolleyes:

Not sure what the fuss is about holding a cold bomb?

Blixem, I knew you gabs boys were tough but this is a new level...you probably braai without tongs too

Edited by rouxtjie

Mr Venter is that you...I promise it wasn't me that stole the potassium that blew up the boys toilets....promise

;)

Yea school science suxed ... if fact everything. And the teachers were useless, at least at Gov schools. I only really started to enjoy learning @ varsity

4. Don't buy the spring-type inflators.

I have never had issues with the spring inflators although i have heard this advise before!

Blixem, I knew you gabs boys were tough but this is a new level...you probably braai without tongs too

Ha ha.......we dont braai,we eat it raw

No,I mean I ride with gloves and the little bit on the fingers is nothing

I remember a thread on here that gave various options of getting the frozen bombe loose....like peeing on it? :unsure:

I'm sure there will be a que of people waiting to help you out :rolleyes:

no doubt ....

But for us mere mortals and fuglies, depends whether you believe in insurance or not. I personally do, so that includes at least one tube, bomb(s), pump. puncher repair kit, and TIG Welder just in case.

And has been mentioned, at the back of the field is about survival, and keeping one step ahead of the grim sweaper. We all welcome the chance to stop and help someone else out, means we can take a break.

Edited by kosmonooit

;)

I remember in science class one day, a 20kg oxygen canister fell over and the nozzle was knocked off on the corner of the table as it fell over. It took off like a rocket, smashing through tables and chairs... the teacher was first out the door screaming "everyone for themselves!". Thankfully no one was seriously injured.

Ha ha.......we dont braai,we eat it raw

No,I mean I ride with gloves and the little bit on the fingers is nothing

I remember a thread on here that gave various options of getting the frozen bombe loose....like peeing on it? :unsure:

heheheh what would bear grylls do...