MTB Frames

doppelganger

I would er on the side of caution in this case and say you should find a bike in either size that you can get a feel for the correct size for you.

It would easy to say you can make the bike fit with a laid back seatpost and longer stem to make it "fit you", but I do believe that the frame first most and foremost must be the best sized frame for you before fiddle with stems and seat posts .....

I Have a Gt avalanche that is a large and that is exactly what i've done, laid back seat post and longer stem...before changing my seat post, my knee was way over my foot ( when setting up).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Have a Gt avalanche that is a large and that is exactly what i've done, laid back seat post and longer stem...before changing my seat post, my knee was way over my foot ( when setting up).

Maybe jump on a x large and see how she handles.

Got a friend with a epic coming up this w end, will hav a feel on his bike. Whats the best price for the frame?

Hi there .... Chris is looking at 7K for the frame (ex shipping) and also has someone else who is looking at it this week. ... let me know if you are keen

That's a VERY good price, Hairy. Lekker bike as well.

It is so lekker that it is Keif hey Mayhem

Ok cool. Thanks. Will let you know.

DCE - i would go get yourself measured using ergofit or something like that - costs R350. small price to pay for the piece of mind of having the correct size frame - can also do it on an old bike as long as you have the measurements for the new bike - they can see if it is right.

i am 183 and comfortable on a large - but my seastpost is already 3.5cm from the maximum height it can go...so my sense is you need an xl

Edited by Stretch

thanks stretch. i was fortunate enough to try out a large epic on the w end and it is definitely a bit too small.

thanks stretch. i was fortunate enough to try out a large epic on the w end and it is definitely a bit too small.

Good man, I am glad you could get to ride one and get a "feel" for it before committing and buying something that is not right for you!